To Be a Man

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To Be a Man

[LYRICS BELOW] "To Be A Man" is a song I poured my heart into. I'm praying this reaches everyone who needs it. I believe in this one. Share this with everyon...

I’m proud to say my wife and kids do not discount me in a manner that would make me feel like those lyrics.

Comment

Is there anyone who isn't a victim or oppressed these days?

Comment

I get it. There seems to be a war on manhood these days. Yall should be thankful your spouse makes you feel appreciated, that appreciation is counterculture now.

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
          I get it. There seems to be a war on manhood these days. Yall should be thankful your spouse makes you feel appreciated, that appreciation is counterculture now.
          Absolutely there is…. Men have been”domesticated “ to the point that they have become docile, even passive. The book “Why Men Hate Church” while overly redundant is an accurate description to the “taming” of men that has occurred over the last century.

I am grateful my family, by my wife’s example, does not view me in this manner.

I left a $250k+ career this year for a sub $120k job because they would rather me be home, involved than making that money​

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
            this

Comment

I only watched about 30 seconds!!
              Dam that was depressing.. Life isn’t a ball and chain!!!
              Part of being a “man” is gladly accepting your responsibilities. You married her. You fathered your children. Time to put on the big boy britches. Alcohol won’t help.

Just being able to be a man, with a family, who has a skill that allows him to provide for a family, is a blessing and a privilege and it should be viewed as such.

Comment

I have listended to multiple researchers that the data is showing that the GenZ isn't buying any of this crap and is pushing back. There is hope

Comment

Originally posted by PondPopper View Post
                  I only watched about 30 seconds!!
                  Dam that was depressing.. Life isn’t a ball and chain!!!
                  Part of being a “man” is gladly accepting your responsibilities. You married her. You fathered your children. Time to put on the big boy britches. Alcohol won’t help.

Just being able to be a man, with a family, who has a skill that allows him to provide for a family, is a blessing and a privilege and it should be viewed as such.
                  A big problem I've noticed with men these days is that they don't respect themselves and don't act like men. Then when the rest of the world treats them the same way they treat themselves it's everyone else's fault.

If your Wife henpecks you or doesn't respect you, guess what? There is likely a reason for it. I'm not saying she is right for acting like she does, but there is definitely a reason.

Now, the attacks on manhood by media and social outlets is a different and completely relevant animal.

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post

A big problem I've noticed with men these days is that they don't respect themselves and don't act like men. Then when the rest of the world treats them the same way they treat themselves it's everyone else's fault.

If your Wife henpecks you or doesn't respect you, guess what? There is likely a reason for it. I'm not saying she is right for acting like she does, but there is definitely a reason.

Now, the attacks on manhood by media and social outlets is a different and completely relevant animal.
                    All part of the deliberate WUSSIFICATION of America.. Universities now teach that masculinity is a mental disorder!!!!! ***!!
                    If you don’t like what it requires to be a man these days then there is now an option.. The Bruce Jenner route.

You can actually be fired from your job these days for telling a male, that has a full beard, to “man up”!!!
                    If he is “offended” yo azz is gone..

I sure miss the good old days!!!!
                    Last edited by PondPopper; 03-22-2024, 11:47 AM.

Comment

Our role as husband ordained by God is pretty well summarized here and is very clear...
                      However this is a set of pretty tall orders, especially what we are told to do in verse 25... If you can accomplish that, you won't have issues with being a man. It's a full time job and a life long work.

Let's not forget that Christ loved the church enough to die a horrible death that the church may be saved... Are you willing to do that for your wife, that you may be able to accomplish what is written in verses 28-29...

Eph 5:22 Wives, submit to your husbands as to the Lord.
                      Eph 5:23 For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior.
                      Eph 5:24 Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything.
                      Eph 5:25 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her
                      Eph 5:26 to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word,
                      Eph 5:27 and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless.
                      Eph 5:28 In this same way, husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself.
                      Eph 5:29 After all, no one ever hated his own body, but he feeds and cares for it, just as Christ does the church—
                      Eph 5:30 for we are members of his body.
                      Eph 5:31 "For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh."​

Comment

Working...
                      X