Haiti

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haiti

Whats going on in Haiti? People are chasing other people down for food?? Saw a video yesterday of a guy cooking and eating the leg of one of the people he caught.

How much money and aid have we sent to them over the past couple decades and they still have fallen this far.

Haiti has been a mess for a long time, it's finally getting to the point it's getting coverage again since they broke a bunch of people out of prison and the gangs seem to have fully taken over. Govt seems as corrupt as can be, I have a lot of friends that have gotten to the US from Haiti and the stories are wild from what was the norm from them

Comment

Thank Hillary R. Clinton for that mess…when you know who caused it you know why there has been no news coverage

Comment

Originally posted by Death from Above View Post
        Thank Hillary R. Clinton for that mess…when you know who caused it you know why there has been no news coverage
        Bingo

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
          Whats going on in Haiti? People are chasing other people down for food?? Saw a video yesterday of a guy cooking and eating the leg of one of the people he caught.

How much money and aid have we sent to them over the past couple decades and they still have fallen this far.
          How was he cooking it? Just for future reference…

Comment

Originally posted by PondPopper View Post

How was he cooking it? Just for future reference…
            Over a fire. Was going to get a snapshot for you but even Twitter has deleted the video's.

Comment

Remember when Trump called Haiti a craphole, then everyone started wearing these shirts.

Attached Files

Comment

Remember when Trump called Haiti a craphole, then everyone started wearing these shirts.

First thing that popped in my head.

Comment

Haiti he'll predates Hillary.

Comment

Over a fire. Was going to get a snapshot for you but even Twitter has deleted the video's.
                    Note: Stock up on mesquite..

Comment

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Comment

Comment

That was worth a click and watch til the end

Comment

Back in 1990-91 the cutter I was on in the CG would pluck them out of the ocean and deliver them to GITMO for processing then take a load from GITMO back to Haiti.

Waiting for them on the docks in Haiti would be 10-15 non-uniformed (think dirty tank tops and ripped shorts) gun toting men. No 2 guns looked the same.

Rumor had it the Redcross would give each repatriated Haitian enough money to get a bus ticket home.
                            It was thought the gunmen were there waiting for their cut.

I know we didn't ask. The gangplank was lowered, people unloaded then we'd leave.
                            I don't recall there being much of a process. I know we didn't moor up long.

That place (and the DOMREP port) were stinkholes back then.

Haiti's landscape was bare as to where the Dominican republic (same island) had trees on their 1/2 - I was told the Hatians farmed off all the trees and never replanted.
                            Seemed plausible.

The Voodoo mommas were another memory. Seemed like every Yola (small boat they scrapped together for the trip to Cuba) had one on it.
                            She was treated with respect by the others to the point of being feared.

Back to their current crisis-

I Guess a side of leg is a step up from the mudcakes they supposedly used to live on-
                            Haiti: Mud cakes become staple diet as cost of food soars beyond a family's reach | World news | The Guardian
                            Last edited by DaveC; 03-11-2024, 08:53 PM.

Comment

I have interviewed 2 Haitians during my working years. Both places very little value on human life and had zero loyalty to their family.

Comment

Working...
                              X