If Trump can't run, who do we vote for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Trump can't run, who do we vote for?

We all know they are trying Trump for anything and everything they can to keep him from running for President. What if they finally succeed in getting one charge to stick that disqualifies him from becoming the next President? They are so desperate to keep him out of the White House, I would not put it past them to assassinate him if all the charges fail. If something like this happens, who would be the backup candidate? Ron DeSantis​? Someone else? I really hope there is a backup plan in place, we may very well need it.

They are definitely afraid of Trump, and will not stop making up stuff to get him convicted of something.
    I wouldn’t rule out anything, in order for him not to run.
    I think they know there will be a lot of pushback if another election is stolen.
    as far as a replacement, the left will probably pick a rino for us like McCain or Romney?

Comment

I'm still a Ron DeSantis fan as a second.
      I'm sure there's a thousand reasons why he's unelectable in some people's minds, But I think he could make a good run for it.

As far as someone who can pull swing voters? interesting question and I'm not sure.

Someone completely out of politics with a mind that could convince the masses they aren't from the swamp but know how to fix it.

Funny thing is- with a country population of over 333 million people we are currently looking at the same 2 candidates as we had 4 years ago.
      Certainly, there are others qualified without too many bones in the closet to make a run- heck the bones don't even matter anymore if the press is on your side.

Comment

If trump is assassinated it won’t matter. The country will be in turmoil and biden will resume his second term.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveC View Post
          I'm still a Ron DeSantis fan as a second.
          I'm sure there's a thousand reasons why he's unelectable in some people's minds, But I think he could make a good run for it.

As far as someone who can pull swing voters? interesting question and I'm not sure.

Someone completely out of politics with a mind that could convince the masses they aren't from the swamp but know how to fix it.

Funny thing is- with a country population of over 333 million people we are currently looking at the same 2 candidates as we had 4 years ago.
          Certainly, there are others qualified without too many bones in the closet to make a run- heck the bones don't even matter anymore if the press is on your side.
          Nobody except an egomaniac wants to run for prez. Would you want to try to fix the corruption in DC knowing that 100 Senators and 435 Congressmen would fight you tooth and nail. It ain’t quite that bad, but **** close !

Comment

You’ll vote for whoever they tell you to vote for and if you do anything else they will rig the machine to vote their way anyway.

Comment

Maybe Trump has a kill switch in place. Hope so anyways.

Comment

Burn it down…if they disqualify DJT, it wont matter anyway. The swamp will have won and we the people will be done
                Last edited by Death from Above; 03-10-2024, 06:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Keith View Post
                  We all know they are trying Trump for anything and everything they can to keep him from running for President. What if they finally succeed in getting one charge to stick that disqualifies him from becoming the next President? They are so desperate to keep him out of the White House, I would not put it past them to assassinate him if all the charges fail. If something like this happens, who would be the backup candidate? Ron DeSantis​? Someone else? I really hope there is a backup plan in place, we may very well need it.
                  I believe the only thing that disqualifies Trump from the ballot would be a conviction in federal court, for insurrection or rebellion.

From the Supreme Court ruling last month, even that may not stop him from the ballot. If I read the decision correctly, five of the justices felt that even if convicted for rebellion, Congress would have to pass a separate statute to remove him from the ballot. That was interpreting the 14th amendment to mean, Congress has the authority to enforce the 14th amendment (which is plainly stated in the amendment) and the 14th amendment alone would not stop him from being on the ballot.

In either case, he will not be convicted of insurrection, ever and even if indicted, would not get to trial in the next six months or so.

it is an interesting topic on, who would you vote for otherwise but realistically, I don’t believe legally it can happen unless Trump drops out….. and that will not happen.

Comment

Revolution!!!

Comment

If we allow them to succeed at keeping the most popular president in this country’s history from running for a second by either fabricating charges or by assassination it won’t matter who’s next in line. They win again!!!

At that point “we the people” will be standing in the middle of the road staring at a fork..
                      One fork leads to the end of this country as we know it, and the other fork leads to us rising up and taking it back.,
                      The big question is which fork are we going to choose.

Comment

Since we are choosing between cartoon characters, I think I will write in Sponge Bob and Fat Albert. I have had enough of Mr. Magoo.

If Trump would just name Vince McMahon as VP, I could at least be entertained.

Comment

Originally posted by monsterspike View Post
                          Since we are choosing between cartoon characters, I think I will write in Sponge Bob and Fat Albert. I have had enough of Mr. Magoo.

If Trump would just name Vince McMahon as VP, I could at least be entertained.
                          It’s definitely turned into a dog and pony show for sure.
                          Set for reality television!

Comment

Originally posted by Death from Above View Post
                            Burn it down…if they disqualify DJT, it wont matter anyway. The swamp will have won and we the people will be done
                            “Burn baby burn”!!!lLol✊🏻✊🏻✊🏻🤦‍♂️💩

Comment

Originally posted by Death from Above View Post
                              Yes sir

Comment

Working...
                              X