proposed proposition to limit primary particpation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

proposed proposition to limit primary particpation

I know we can mostly ignore the proposed propositions but that one irked me at the same time I could see how it would make it and the democrats follow suit. I say do just the opposite, let everyone vote in both primaries. That would help control the tribalization happening in both parties.
    Last edited by PlanoDano; 02-29-2024, 01:56 AM.

What would the benefit be? What would the downside be?

Comment

I don’t really understand what you are irked about? I don’t want to register with any specific party, which seems like the only way that would work

Comment

Proposal
        The Republican Party of Texas should restrict voting in the Republican Primary to only registered Republicans.

Playa, you would be cut out of the primary process

Comment

Registration Nation.

Comment

I don’t mind registering Republican, half the time I ain’t ashamed of them. Close to half, maybe a third………

Comment

Originally posted by PlanoDano View Post
              Proposal
              The Republican Party of Texas should restrict voting in the Republican Primary to only registered Republicans.

Playa, you would be cut out of the primary process
              I know what is proposed, I would have to make a choice whether to register or not. I wouldn’t like it, but I also have never voted anything but Republican in a primary and frankly, in Texas there aren’t enough strong independent candidates for me to vote anything but R

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                I don’t really understand what you are irked about? I don’t want to register with any specific party, which seems like the only way that would work
                It just becomes the general election, but in March instead of November. It will give each party the opportunity to run in both parties elections. Just think if we could vote for Donald Trump in the R Primary, and DeSantis in the D primary. Based on the results in Michigan, both would have won just based on voter turnout.

At that point, what is the point of an election in November? Ron and Trump duke it out? Oh, how we would suffer if either of them won in 2024.

Comment

So for us who will not register as an R or a D. We would be left out of out of the primary process completely. This would give outsized power to the fringes.

Comment

Ill be out. I may vote heavily Republican but Im not registering to them or any other party. I will never register with a group that contains the likes of Cornyn, McConnell, eye patch leprechaun, Graham…… list goes on and on

Comment

If you’re not registered they don’t have you on the list to call begging for money for “the party”.

Comment

Originally posted by PlanoDano View Post
                        I know we can mostly ignore the proposed propositions but that one irked me at the same time I could see how it would make it and the democrats follow suit. I say do just the opposite, let everyone vote in both primaries. That would help control the tribalization happening in both parties.
                        Republicans don't have time to vote in ONE primary, let alone in two..... too busy working.
                        the dems have nothing better to do;" vote earl and vote often" (Bill Clinton)

Comment

That's the only proposition I voted NO for. I'm not a fan at all of requiring registration with a party. It would do nothing more than double or triple the amount of text messages and mail flyers I receive daily during election season; which never seems to end. I do agree that you should only be allowed to vote in 1 party's primary and it's up to the voter to decide which one on any given election year.

Comment

I voted yes for all of them. There is no need for registered democrats to have a say in a republican primary

Comment

I voted no on the prop. Don't have any interest in registering with any single party.

Comment

Working...
                              X