Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beer

Houston news story,
    The beer was supposed to be returned to the manufacturer to be destroyed. In 2023, police say that four men stole 375 pallets of beer worth a combined $675,000

No mention of the brand of beer

The beer was supposed to be returned to the manufacturer to be destroyed. In 2023, police say that four men stole 375 pallets of beer worth a combined $675,000.

Comment

No crime. Beer was to be destroyed and Im assuming the beer was destroyed via the human digestive system.

Comment

Born on dating for beer became a thing while I was in college. I had a contact at a distributor. I would swing by Friday afternoon and buy as much of the old dated beer that they were going to dispose of. I bought it for $4/30 pack. I would sell it for $8…. mostly Miller High Life.

I’m pretty sure the statute of limitations has passed for my bootlegging criminal behavior.

having said that… born on dating and beer freshness is stupid, fermentation is literally a preservative process….

Comment

If they were returning the beer to be destroyed, then they had no value. Except for the pallets, usually $5 a piece. Thus saving thousands in shipping costs. Doesn't sound like a crime to me, stealing someone's trash.

Comment

Gotta be Bud Light.

Comment

Bingo

Comment

Beer doesn't go bad if you drink it fast enough. So they say.
                For real though I worked on a formaldehyde injection system design years ago for Miller Brewing in Ft Worth. Did the piping design from P&I.D. schematics. It seems that during the bottling process formaldehyde in PPM is injected into the bottle/cans/kegs during the filling. It does two things. Stops the brewing process and stops the beer head foaming long enough to seal the container, bottle can or keg. All brewers used this back in the 1980's. I don't know about now. The last thing the formaldehyde did was prolong the shelf life where beer could be stored at high temperatures without affecting flavor. This saved enormous $$$ since the refrigeration cost is almost nothing. Buttwiper beer was the brand that used the most in PPM. Some people did have side effects like headache and gastro problems from the formaldehyde. I'm not a big beer drinker so I never had any side effects. I'll stick with single malt Highland scotches.

Comment

Working...
                X