Propositions on Ballot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Propositions on Ballot

I was just looking at the sample ballot for early voting and man I gotta say... I love all 13 of these propositions.

I tried to attach a link. Hopefully it works.

Sample Ballot - Polk County.pdf
    Attached Files

I liked them too. YES to all

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
      I liked them too. YES to all
      Yep. I can't imagine any conservative minded folks, or even true independents wanting to vote against any of these. These all make us a stronger state,

Comment

My stupid question on Prop 9, how do you “register as a republican”? Just voting republican in past elections over the last 41 years?

Comment

Yes

Comment

There are great propositions every year...but I don't really hear anything later about implementation. Maybe I should watch the news more.

Comment

I like them all. The only one missing was secession !

Comment

These propositions are pointless, they never explain how they might be implemented. For instance prop 1, eliminates property tax without raising overall tax liability. How? As the say the devil in in the details.

and they forgot prop10, “Voting ballots will be printed in English only.”

Comment

At the least the yes votes may give us a voice. Probably falls of deaf ears but it's a feel good for me to vote yes.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                    At the least the yes votes may give us a voice. Probably falls of deaf ears but it's a feel good for me to vote yes.
                    And there ya go, it’s just a political “hand job”

Comment

Why would it matter if the propositions explain anything?

They are simply meaningless opinion polls. You could run the same polls in this forum and it would have the same meaning.

1. Would you want to eliminate any gun laws?

2. Would you support a law banning illegal aliens from any job within the state?

3. Would you support a Texas only SBR law, eliminating the NFA under a Texas Only rifle similar to the suppressor law, if it clears federal court?

And so on…..

Comment

As far as the actual propositions, assuming that they could be passed into law, they all sound good but……

Numbers 2 and 6 are unconstitutional, 8 is likely unconstitutional in part and 13 is almost certainly unconstitutional.

Comment

I think they put these on the ballots to make us think they are doing some good in Austin but it's just a feel good poll and not a constitutional ammendment

Comment

Originally posted by friscopaint View Post
                            I think they put these on the ballots to make us think they are doing some good in Austin but it's just a feel good poll and not a constitutional ammendment
                            💯

…. and that cuts to the chase.

Gee, what laws would you like us to discuss in 2025?

Comment

Vote yes to proposition 1,123: Texans do not approve of nuclear weapons being dropped on our state.
                              Vote yes to propositon 1, 124: We as Texans do not approve of being cornholed by black panthers or sasquatches.

Comment

Working...
                              X