• Show
Clear All

Yellen - Inflation

Did she really just say this?
    "❖ YELLEN: WE DON'T HAVE TO GET PRICES DOWN BECAUSE WAGES ARE GOING UP"

If she did, what do you guys think?

Just another idiot.

Comment

The elite do not live in reality. The same could be said for every state without a border crossing. We do not have a problem with illegals! I bet she could not tell you the price of any item at the grocery store. Nothing new just more gas lighting.

Comment

Wage increases will only lead to more inflation

Comment

Originally posted by SabreKiller View Post
          Just another idiot.
          She’s just another communist.

Comment

Originally posted by 100%TtId View Post

She’s just another communist.
            Agreed. I don't know how any of them could be so stupid to think that they don't need to get prices down. Obviously, they don't do any shopping for themselves. Just groceries alone ****** me off. Every Sunday after church my wife and I go to HEB. Groceries used to cost us about $150-$175 every week. That has gone up to $225-$250. Effin ridiculous.

Comment

I agree with others, none of these elites shop for groceries or have any idea of cost's that literally everyone I know is talking about......like the time Obama got a beer or an ice cream, can't remember, and when went to walk away the owner said he needed to pay for it and a secret service agent had to because Obama didn't have a wallet and just expected it to be free....how dare they charge the king.......

Comment

Originally posted by SabreKiller View Post

Agreed. I don't know how any of them could be so stupid to think that they don't need to get prices down. Obviously, they don't do any shopping for themselves. Just groceries alone ****** me off. Every Sunday after church my wife and I go to HEB. Groceries used to cost us about $150-$175 every week. That has gone up to $225-$250. Effin ridiculous.
                Grocery prices are a killer. I'll check my credit card after doing the HEB curbside. The bill will be $125 and I feel like all I got were a few bottles of HEB brand sparkling water for my wife, a couple jugs of apple juice for my daugher, some fruit,1 lb of hamburger meat and some bread. Sure, we get a few more items than that, but it's tough to walk out of a grocery store for less than $100 and have much of anything to show for it. The government can say what they want, but our grocery bill has gone up roughly 20% from a few years ago.

Comment

Does she cut her own hair?

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainDave View Post

Grocery prices are a killer. I'll check my credit card after doing the HEB curbside. The bill will be $125 and I feel like all I got were a few bottles of HEB brand sparkling water for my wife, a couple jugs of apple juice for my daugher, some fruit,1 lb of hamburger meat and some bread. Sure, we get a few more items than that, but it's tough to walk out of a grocery store for less than $100 and have much of anything to show for it. The government can say what they want, but our grocery bill has gone up roughly 20% from a few years ago.
                    Go in the app to some of your old orders and look at the price. Then hit "add all to cart" and look at the price today. Its sickening.

Comment

The worst part is the meat department. I lost about 1.5 deer when my freezer went out over Christmas and we've been buying meat at HEB where we didn't eat much store bought meat before. I've got a new freezer with nothing in it but some ice right now. Even what used to be cheap meat ain't cheap anymore. Thankfully, in another week or so I can kill some does at an MLD ranch my son in law works on.

Comment

Originally posted by GroceryGetter View Post
                        Does she cut her own hair?
                        With a rusty hedge clipper.

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin Darts View Post

Go in the app to some of your old orders and look at the price. Then hit "add all to cart" and look at the price today. Its sickening.
                          I just did this and pulled an order from 2/6/22, that original order cost $152, 2 years later it costs $192 AND 3 of the items are out of stock and couldn’t be fulfilled. Thats a 26% increase in 24 months.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post

I just did this and pulled an order from 2/6/22, that original order cost $152, 2 years later it costs $192 AND 3 of the items are out of stock and couldn’t be fulfilled. Thats a 26% increase in 24 months.
                            That's pretty close to 3.8% per year

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post

That's pretty close to 3.8% per year
                              Pretty close when you use “gubment maff “ just carry the 1 and quantitative ease the “niner” , and common core the remainder and works right out to be 3.8%
                              Last edited by Playa; 02-09-2024, 05:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X