X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

US Relies on Axis of Evil for ammo

What could possibly go wrong with this?

From the Patriot Post:
    One of the many problems of globalism is the likelihood that sovereign states ultimately become dependent upon other states for essential goods. And what could be more essential than the goods that provide for one's own defense? As RedState reports, "The US military is almost entirely dependent upon China and Russia for a metal used in many military applications, such as explosives and armor-piercing bullets." (And night vision goggles, infrared sensors, precision optics, laser sighting, nuclear weapons, flares, and military clothing, we might add.) RedState continues: "The metal is antimony, and China currently owns 53 percent of the world's supply. However, it processes over 80 percent of antimony ore through contracts with other producers. The US's last source of antimony, the Stibnite mine in Idaho, ceased operations in 1997." This is certainly bad enough, but our dependency doesn't stop there. As Forbes points out, antimony is also essential to many critical private-sector products such as "semi-conductors, circuit boards, electric switches, fluorescent lighting, high quality clear glass and lithium-ion batteries." That iPhone of yours? That hi-def TV? Those nice major appliances in your kitchen? All of them rely on antimony.​

Antimony is used to harden lead that is used to make bullets. Pure lead bullet without antimony would melt before it got out of the barrel at velocities rifle bullets require. The last lead smelter in the US closed in 2013 due to pressure from the tree huggers and bunny fornicators. Sad state of affairs we are in while Biden still gets his 10%.

Comment

This coupled with the fact that we are wholly reliant on Taiwan for micro-processors and China is hell bent on taking Taiwan back. All those fancy weapon systems are nothing more than junkyard heaps without all the chips to run them

Comment

China is in a recession and their population growth has all but stopped. They can't afford to stop selling to us.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
          China is in a recession and their population growth has all but stopped. They can't afford to stop selling to us.
          True, but China is better at the long game than we are. If not selling us goods that were critical to national defense so that they could re-order the the world superpower and topple the US, they would take the financial hit. They just can’t stop selling us cheap goods that the average US citizen uses.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post

True, but China is better at the long game than we are. If not selling us goods that were critical to national defense so that they could re-order the the world superpower and topple the US, they would take the financial hit. They just can’t stop selling us cheap goods that the average US citizen uses.
            Yeah, that is definitely the crux of the whole thing. Not to mention, aren't a ton of pharmaceuticals manufactured there?

I don't know that they are better, or worse, at the long game (This is me just thinking out loud). I think it's easier for them to hide internal dissention when it happens because the communist part controls the news, the party can just cancel people, whether it be prison camp in eastern China, or have them executed. Here in America, it gets broadcast for the world to see.

We see people in the political class trying to play the long game in both countries. It's getting the citizenry to come along that is the hard part. For a long time, China's citizens went along and supported communism and then quasi-communism, because they went from bikes to cars, shanty's to functional housing, from straight communism and no hope, to potentially having a future where maybe they could have just a little bit more. And I think it's this little taste of freedom they have gotten that has stopped the population growth. Articles certainly hint at it. I read one the other day, where a Chinese woman, I think she was 32, but definitely of child bearing age, was saying she won't have kids unless she gets paid an additional 40k (USD conversion) a year. Because kids are expensive, and she likes having things. That is a huge red flag to me that China is in for some tough times.

And I think we see a path forward on America's path growing. With the rise of Trumps, the DeSantis, the Viveks, numerous members of congress.

I am infinitely optimistic that the best days of America are ahead of us. Might be some bumps along the way, but my kids will have a better life than I have, just like I had a better life than my dad had, and his dad before him.

Comment

Elon Musk is planning to build a Lithium processing plant here in Texas capable of producing enough Lithium to make one million car batteries. I look for the tree huggers to intervene big time sine this type of plant will need to be somewhere near a huge water source. Maybe like a coastal area.

Comment

When are laser guns going to come to market?

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                  Elon Musk is planning to build a Lithium processing plant here in Texas capable of producing enough Lithium to make one million car batteries. I look for the tree huggers to intervene big time sine this type of plant will need to be somewhere near a huge water source. Maybe like a coastal area.
                  I thought I read about it being built in Nueces County, Corpus area.

Comment

Working...
                  X