Cowardly Supreme Court and TX Border

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cowardly Supreme Court and TX Border

A divided Supreme Court is allowing Border Patrol agents to cut razor wire that Texas installed on the U.S.-Mexico border while a lawsuit over the wire continues.

It’s a temporary injunction and it’s not uncommon for the court to find in favor of the plaintiff temporarily until the case is heard, but it is a bit irritating on something so fundamental as the federal government not doing one of the few things they are actually supposed to do

Comment

Roberts and ACB.

***?

Comment

I don’t see it as cowardly although I disagree with it vehemently. I see it as a temporary measure until it’s argued in court. The sitting members of the court as it is right now has handed us several victories concerning the 2nd Amendment. I’m not quite ready to throw them under the bus.

Comment

The default position of the border until this gets heard by the SCOTUS should be CLOSED.

By allowing the feds to cut wire until then is exactly the opposite.

Comment

Guess we know who's houses and neighborhoods to dump the next several dozen bus loads...

Comment

Originally posted by Let's go Brandon! View Post
              Guess we know who's houses and neighborhoods to dump the next several dozen bus loads...
              Problem with that is the DOJ would most likely file charges on someone doing such, unlike the protesters after the Dobbs decision.

There is no doubt that the DOJ is weaponized against anyone not following the leftist agenda.

Comment

The fencing at issue in the dispute was installed on private property along the Rio Grande by the Texas National Guard. Texas sued the Biden administration in October, asserting that US Customs and Border Protection agents had no right to cut fencing that it said had been erected with the permission of landowners.

The fence in question was on private property, not sure how the Feds can legally cut a private fence.

Just look at what they are doing for the borders in Israel and Ukraine. ​

Comment

I always knew what Roberts was ever since he gave us Obama Care. Really surprised about Barrett being a turncoat.

Comment

So are they in fact cutting the wire currently?

Comment

Originally posted by Triple 7 View Post
                      So are they in fact cutting the wire currently?
                      Nope, not according to the news this morning.

Comment

The good news is the ruling didn't say that Texas had to let Border Patrol back into the park...only that the feds could take down the barrier. Texas agents are still not allowing the feds in the park. Also it didn't say Texas could not put up more razor wire. The Texas National Guard is putting up more this afternoon. This is the way to fight.

Comment

Mind boggling, the democrats aren’t hiding the fact that they are bringing in illegals for a voting base. They also want to stack the Supreme Court, these judges are making themselves ultimately useless. They already have all the idiots believing we have a democracy, a democracy is not compatible with the constitution. As soon as they can fool everyone into thinking they are in the majority, they will “vote” to eliminate everything conservative, eliminating the constitution at the same time.

Comment

I dont like the repercussions of the ruling but the law here is very clear. The Federal Executive branch has jurisdiction over immigration processing and the international border.

I think this is another wise decision made by Abbott’s advisors. Bring negative attention to the situation. Much like the shipping of illegals to sanctuary cities in the North. Biden is polling in the dirt right now over the border crisis. I say well played.

Comment

Originally posted by Aetheling View Post
                              I dont like the repercussions of the ruling but the law here is very clear. The Federal Executive branch has jurisdiction over immigration processing and the international border.

I think this is another wise decision made by Abbott’s advisors. Bring negative attention to the situation. Much like the shipping of illegals to sanctuary cities in the North. Biden is polling in the dirt right now over the border crisis. I say well played.
                              You must not be familiar with Article IV which states the Federal govt SHALL defend the states from invasion. If the feds fail to do so it triggers Article 1 which reserves that right back to the states.

Comment

Working...
                              X