Major correction in 2024?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Major correction in 2024?

What kind of scuttlebutt have you bankers, investors, realtors, and lenders been hearing regarding a “major correction “? Would any of y’all, or have any of y’all ever gone to cash reserves and let it ride for a minute?

I’ve got a lot of cash stacked ready to invest after the collapse that may or may not happen. I’m thinking it’s going to happen in the next year. Once the housing market collapses it’s on. And it’s starting.

Comment

It will never happen. This supply chain shortage crap is a money maker for everyone but the consumer.

Comment

Dang and Fox was reporting that interest rates were gonna fall and we were all gonna go up on a hill, hug, and drink a coke together. Is there anywhere you can go to to find a news channel whose opinions are sound and factual? Or are they all azzed and elbows. Everybody has one. 16 what are you gonna do if it doesn’t happen? You dumping that cash back in?

Comment

Don’t worry about it, you never will see a Brinks truck in a funeral procession !

Comment

Not if I’m the stiff!

Comment

Originally posted by Hogmauler View Post
              Dang and Fox was reporting that interest rates were gonna fall and we were all gonna go up on a hill, hug, and drink a coke together. Is there anywhere you can go to to find a news channel whose opinions are sound and factual? Or are they all azzed and elbows. Everybody has one. 16 what are you gonna do if it doesn’t happen? You dumping that cash back in?
              Not true!…everybody has two elbows! But you can be working ​​​​​​ “a**es and elbows,” and when you are, you’re working fast. And hard, too, I guess.

As to your original question, I’m just gonna sit back and drink my Coke all by myself as this is the third “major correction” rumor I’ve heard in as many years. Still waiting for interest rates to drop significantly but not holding my breath. So far, they’ve been letting out their line, just a little at a time, only to reel us back in a little farther.
              Last edited by ThisLadyHunts; 12-29-2023, 08:09 PM.

Comment

The 10 year treasury is down 23% recently. You’re going to be waiting for a while bud

Comment

It's all a scam 100%.
                  So no one really knows what will happen because it's all based on whatever the FED decides to do and they are in bed with politicians so they lie.

The only good thing IMO is one can at least make 4% now pretty much risk free instead of being forced to bet it all in markets.

I'm about 60% cash/cash like at this point. If the scam continues then so be it. But inflation is bound to pick back up in 2024 if markets keep setting new highs. But they'll just lie and say it's 3% LOL

Look at this chart. Tell me it's not a scam.

Comment

not counting the risk of being pulled into a major war, my bet is more Inflation is the “correction”. The fed cant budget their way out of trillions in debt, but they may inflate their way out of a lot of it .

if you insist on holding cash in wait, at the minimum have it working a little bit in a MM or CD ladder.

Comment

Originally posted by Hogmauler View Post
                      16 what are you gonna do if it doesn’t happen? You dumping that cash back in?
                      I’ll stay in cash until the right opportunity comes along. I’m not much of a stock market guy. I’d rather invest in other things. Mostly undervalued real estate where somebody needs a quick closing from a cash deal.

Comment

FED aint dropping rates until April or May. Couple months for the market to run. It was a good day to buy. IMO. FED will still need more data. LOL Watch out for Bitcoin, Grayscale or a Bitcoin SPOT ETF. Although I think they are already priced into the market. Watch Amazon, Paypal and Block SQ for holiday numbers/earnings.

RiverRat aint this your specialty???

Comment

We’ll see

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post

I’ll stay in cash until the right opportunity comes along. I’m not much of a stock market guy. I’d rather invest in other things. Mostly undervalued real estate where somebody needs a quick closing from a cash deal.
                            Land, housing, or both?

Comment

Rat, someone or something has to give at 27 trillion dollars in debt. Like Eddie Rabbit used to sing “we can’t go on living like this”. Then add the support of another 8-10 million wetbacks into the equation and and Eddie has a throwback hit on his hands.

Comment

Working...
                              X