Drivers License Renewal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drivers License Renewal

If you haven't been to a DPS license renewal location lately you are in for a big surprise. Half or more of the people inline speak no English at all. Can't even read the forms even when in Spanish. Open borders at your doorstep.

I had a similar experience about 2 years ago renewing mine--maybe not quite as bad.

Comment

Was trying to make an appointment online to get mine renewed and wasn't able to make it work. I decided to drop by the DL office to get on the list.
      The young lady behind the desk said that she could do that for me. She then asked if I wanted to do the renewal that day. I was somewhat surprised after reading all of the horror stories here.
      I said, sure. She gave me a page of questions to answer, then got my photo taken. I paid her and walked out the door, all in less than 15 minutes.
      Good for 8 more years. BIG happy face goes here.

Comment

Originally posted by Pstraw View Post
        Was trying to make an appointment online to get mine renewed and wasn't able to make it work. I decided to drop by the DL office to get on the list.
        The young lady behind the desk said that she could do that for me. She then asked if I wanted to do the renewal that day. I was somewhat surprised after reading all of the horror stories here.
        I said, sure. She gave me a page of questions to answer, then got my photo taken. I paid her and walked out the door, all in less than 15 minutes.
        Good for 8 more years. BIG happy face goes here.
        That wasn’t what I had to experience earlier this year! Had to have an appointment no if’s and’s or but’s! Hopefully they are relaxing it a bit everywhere

Comment

Thanks to reading a TBH thread I showed up with a certified birth certificate, insurance paper work, and last drivers license and was in and out in 10 minutes...

Comment

Finally had to do mine in person a few weeks ago. Had a few hiccups (took two appointments to get it done). I will say the people in the office were way more helpful and friendly than any other time I've been. To Muzzlebrake's point, definitely a lot of non English speakers in there getting their first license.

Comment

I showed up at the DL office maybe a year or so ago. I got there early, about 7:30am to get in line for the 8:00am opening. My license wasn’t expired but I lost mine and needed a replacement.

The office had a big sign, by appointment only. No one was there and I scanned the QR code on the sign and it took me to the appointment website. I got the first appointment of the day at 8:00am.

I had my LTC as my ID. I filled out the short paperwork and got called up. Since my license expired about 9 months later, I was eligible for a renewal. About 5-10 minutes later I was out the door with an updated license that expires in 2032.

No SS card, no birth certificate, etc. and arrived without the required appointment. I made it in the spot.

I already had a gold star on my license if that helped.

Comment

Working...
              X