Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Current Threats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Current Threats

Back in the day (cold war) we believed we could answer 3 flare ups in different parts of the world requiring the response of a carrier battle group or more. Russia is on the ropes with her populace starting to openly question the soundness of going to war with Ukraine. To me it is clear that they are asking China and Iran to heat up certain sectors to stretch our forces while presenting a common villain (the USA) to foster support from their own populace. It is my opinion, that Iran orchestrated the Hamas attack on Israel and the Houthis attack on shipping. Iran has the ability to disrupt transport through the straits of Hormuz. This commits us to strong presence in the Red Sea and Persian Gulf. Meanwhile PRC is heating up South China Sea (Philippines) and Taiwan. China cannot push too hard because Taiwan is not a pushover and armed conflict with the Philippines could trigger a U.S. response without the need of a declaration of war because of treaties. I think the pressure will be in the South China Sea because rumor is there might be significant energy deposits under what is currently considered Philippines exclusive economic zone. This commits us to keeping a strong presence in the South China Sea. That is three threats requiring an answer.

Where can they create a threat which would force us to protect a 4th zone?
    North Korea?

Can we do anything about Iran ?
    They have the ability to use aligned forces in Yemen, Lebanon, and Syria without overt action by Iranian forces. The threat of a U.S. strike to Iran would end the chess game but they know our Constitution keeps us from attacking Iran without a Declaration of War from congress. That is not happening so expect to see the Iranians to continue to act through proxies to keep US forces committed in the Red Sea and Persian Gulf. What would it cost us to push Netanyahu to deliver some blow to Iran? Would it help?

With the current retard in office and those who back him there is nothing that can be done. Pray that America lasts long enough to get past 2024 elections. If Democrats win the oval office again then America is no more. At least as we know her today. Death to America comes from within.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
      With the current retard in office and those who back him there is nothing that can be done. Pray that America lasts long enough to get past 2024 elections. If Democrats win the oval office again then America is no more. At least as we know her today. Death to America comes from within.
      Per your last sentence.. We were warned!!!
      I remember, when I was a child in the 60’s, people were still very upset about this man’s statement.
      Then the good’s times came and we became complacent/weak.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by PondPopper; 12-17-2023, 10:00 AM.

Comment

I believe the 4th zone is right here in the USA. Just look at all the people that have been coming across the border in the last 3 years. Mostly military age males.

Comment

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post
          I believe the 4th zone is right here in the USA. Just look at all the people that have been coming across the border in the last 3 years. Mostly military age males.
          And now the democrats want to allow them to join our military. It will be an inside job by the liberals that hate our country. Good thing is we have a heavily armed populace and will protect our families

Comment

I tend to agree the 4th zone is at our own border and within. And hey—- it may not be military, it may be financial with the hyperinflation still staring us in the face.

you think the US is going to budget out of our debt??? Nope they will inflate their way out of it.

Our main military deterrent is we are armed to the teeth with nukes and we still have some decent allies. That doesn’t protect against the financial and moral rot.

Comment

I was kind of thinking of a hotspot that would require response of a U.S Carrier group or larger force. They have friends in Central and South America but none with the capability to present a threat requiring a large enough response. There is a time limit as Houthis will run out of Iranian arms of sufficient power to effect shipping and Israel will eventually mop up in Gaza,

Comment

Originally posted by PlanoDano View Post

……Can we do anything about Iran ?
                They have the ability to use aligned forces in Yemen, Lebanon, and Syria without overt action by Iranian forces. The threat of a U.S. strike to Iran would end the chess game but they know our Constitution keeps us from attacking Iran without a Declaration of War from congress. That is not happening so expect to see the Iranians to continue to act through proxies to keep US forces committed in the Red Sea and Persian Gulf. What would it cost us to push Netanyahu to deliver some blow to Iran? Would it help?
                Where does the Constitution say that military action has such a requirement?

Comment

Article 1 section 8 give the congress the exclusive right to declare war. There is no text specifically forbidding the president from taking Military action in the Constitution and that right has been hotly contested at times. The war powers act and war power resolution were enacted to limit the president's ability to wage war without a formal declaration by congress.

Comment

Originally posted by CoolHandLuke View Post

And now the democrats want to allow them to join our military. It will be an inside job by the liberals that hate our country. Good thing is we have a heavily armed populace and will protect our families
                    not only join our military, but put them into LAW ENFORCEMENT!!!!. when their first act by coming into this country was breaking our laws!!!

Comment

Back in the day (cold war) we believed we could answer 3 flare ups in different parts of the world requiring the response of a carrier battle group or more. Russia is on the ropes with her populace starting to openly question the soundness of going to war with Ukraine. To me it is clear that they are asking China and Iran to heat up certain sectors to stretch our forces while presenting a common villain (the USA) to foster support from their own populace. It is my opinion, that Iran orchestrated the Hamas attack on Israel and the Houthis attack on shipping. Iran has the ability to disrupt transport through the straits of Hormuz. This commits us to strong presence in the Red Sea and Persian Gulf. Meanwhile PRC is heating up South China Sea (Philippines) and Taiwan. China cannot push too hard because Taiwan is not a pushover and armed conflict with the Philippines could trigger a U.S. response without the need of a declaration of war because of treaties. I think the pressure will be in the South China Sea because rumor is there might be significant energy deposits under what is currently considered Philippines exclusive economic zone. This commits us to keeping a strong presence in the South China Sea. That is three threats requiring an answer.

Where can they create a threat which would force us to protect a 4th zone?
                      North Korea?

Can we do anything about Iran ?
                      Israel can take care of Iran all by themselves IMO; and there have been plenty of times when the USA kicked off into someones azz without a declaration of war.

Comment

I think 2024 could get squirrely with the 2024 election. If it starts looking like Trump or Nikki are going to win, I could see things really starting to pop off.

Comment

No one has mentioned South America being the 4th one. A week or so ago we were warned that we have 90 days to evacuate all of the oil platforms. I’m not surprised that the media hasn’t hardly covered this.

Comment

Lot of the premise, as presented, simply isn't correct. Putin want's an end to the war, after roundly destroying Ukraine. North Korea has heated up relative to Trump's presidency, but it's pretty much par for the course apart from Trump's 4 years.

We don't need to attack Iran. We don't need to attack anyone. We need to quit starting these losing wars, in regions we have no business. We can defend our allies, without starting a war.

I'd love to see what was cited in arriving at those conclusions.

91, I hadn't heard anything about oil platforms but it makes sense assuming they are located in Guyana waters. Venezuela is claiming most of Guyana is actually Venezuela, since the recent discovery of oil in West Guyana. It really has nothing to do with China/Russia, but that Venezuela is broke, and needs that oil revenue. Brazil is also arming up to defend it's own borders/stake in that oil field.

Comment

Article 1 section 8 give the congress the exclusive right to declare war. There is no text specifically forbidding the president from taking Military action in the Constitution and that right has been hotly contested at times. The war powers act and war power resolution were enacted to limit the president's ability to wage war without a formal declaration by congress.
                              I have read some constitutional scholars, including some judges, who think that the War Powers Resolution might be declared unconstitutional if challenged. As far as I know, it has never been challenged.

Comment

Working...
                              X