Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VA's Role in IA's Medical Care Amid Border Crisis

Veterans are being denied/delayed care.........SAD

The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) has come under fire for allegedly prioritizing the treatment of illegal immigrants over veterans. Critics argue that while veterans face delays in receiving care, the VA is providing medical services to undocumented individuals. This controversy has sparked a debate over the allocation of resources within the VA.

"This controversy has sparked a debate over the allocation of resources within the VA.​​"
    As it should! That's why it's called Veteran's Administration. Help for our Veterans who served there country. The people who wrote a blank check to the people of America for up to and including their life!

Comment

One of many things, if true and not stopped provides more justification for the unimaginable. Another civil uprising.

Comment

nothing in the current administration surprises me......waiting on call back from my VA attorney as I type.......naval flight surgeon Dr. referred me after denied and she said it was a definite........WC and VA both immediately deny and hope you eventually give up.........as with many government agencies I've had good experience with VA and bad and the good generally comes as a surprise and generally from veterans in agency.......

Comment

As a 90% disabled veteran I have a lot to say about this criminal travesty but I will hold off for now. The only thing I can say is it now takes me 4 to 6 months to get in to see a doctor wheras it only took a couple of weeks when Trump was in office.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
            As a 90% disabled veteran I have a lot to say about this criminal travesty but I will hold off for now. The only thing I can say is it now takes me 4 to 6 months to get in to see a doctor where as it only took a couple of weeks when Trump was in office.
            I had the same when I lived in the DFW area. Since relocating to Casper WY., Our VA is a Small Clinic. So anything "DETAILED" get farmed out to Community Care. I go to a local Surgery/Medical Facility. Best Care I have had in Years. Appointment maybe a few days to a week.

Comment

My sister is a Vet, served for 5 yrs but was never active duty. Clerical, stateside. She has been out of the Army for 50+ yrs. now. It has always been a trial dealing with the VA for her and a lot of the excuses have been " not active duty". I didn't know that mattered. She usually gets attention, finally, after a lot of back and forth but that takes a lot of time and her condition gets worse or she goes to a private doctor.
              I've never heard of nor has she ever mention VA attorneys. I would like to suggest to her she use one. How would she go about finding and using one? Help us out please!

Comment

Originally posted by locolobo View Post
                My sister is a Vet, served for 5 yrs but was never active duty. Clerical, stateside. She has been out of the Army for 50+ yrs. now. It has always been a trial dealing with the VA for her and a lot of the excuses have been " not active duty". I didn't know that mattered. She usually gets attention, finally, after a lot of back and forth but that takes a lot of time and her condition gets worse or she goes to a private doctor.
                I've never heard of nor has she ever mention VA attorneys. I would like to suggest to her she use one. How would she go about finding and using one? Help us out please!
                Unless injured while "on duty" and documented it's tough. Most VA and Gov benefits you must serve over 180 days in a row active, not cumulative. At least this is how it used to be I was 4 yrs active so didn't apply to me.

Comment

Originally posted by locolobo View Post
                  I got a referral from a Navy Flight surgeon, former, of an attorney she works with in Georgia and very nice guy on phone. VA attorneys by law are not allowed to charge unless an appeal awards back pay and they get a "cut" of that. Attorneys will not generate a claim for VA compensation and benefits that is a local VSO, veterans service officer, and some are better than others. There are some through American Legion, VFW, county, DAV, etc......that is where she needs to start and get answers.

Comment

Originally posted by coker737 View Post

I had the same when I lived in the DFW area. Since relocating to Casper WY., Our VA is a Small Clinic. So anything "DETAILED" get farmed out to Community Care. I go to a local Surgery/Medical Facility. Best Care I have had in Years. Appointment maybe a few days to a week.
                    A friend of mine loves his VA in Harlingen though he's in excellent shape and doesn't need it very much. I like our community one in Sherman but I haven't had to go on "short notice" they just schedule me twice a yr to stay in system. My dr is local and my buddy was bummed when he went to work there was his doctor at the time and had to find another.

Comment

Working...
                    X