Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last night's Republican debate...

What are your thoughts?

Who won? Who lost? Did you change your mind about a candidate as a result of what you heard? Did it change your mind about former president, Donald Trump?

Already know who I’m supporting so didn’t even bother to watch any debates.

Comment

I think I did pretty good. The candidates...meh

Comment

Didn’t even know it was on, I don’t watch political debates. It’s all bs IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
          Very true. A lot of posturing, a lot of arguing, and a LOT of interruptions. If a candidate is a prolific interrupter (read “obnoxious”), I mark him/her off my list. I noted that Chris Cristy held himself above the fray, in this respect.

Cristy also did a great job calling to everyone’s attention when a debater avoided answering the question asked and, instead, chose to posture. Candidates DeSantis and Rafsfaramu (sic?) were the most notable offenders.

I am also embarrassed by the all-female panel (now, tell me, how is that diversity?) and, specifically, for Megan Kelly. This is the second time she’s allowed a debate to unravel into arguments, epithets, and sh*t slinging. Find someone who isn’t too timid to shut someone down when he/she subverts debate protocol!

Comment

Sorry, but debates are a waste of time. All they do is try to figure out what you want to hear. If they would go to jail for not delivering on the promises once elected , things would change... ehh maybe not. Elections are a joke today.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
              Very true. A lot of posturing, a lot of arguing, and a LOT of interruptions. If a candidate is a prolific interrupter (read “obnoxious”), I mark him/her off my list. I noted that Chris Cristy held himself above the fray, in this respect.

Cristy also did a great job calling to everyone’s attention when a debater avoided answering the question asked and, instead, chose to posture. Candidates DeSantis and Rafsfaramu (sic?) were the most notable offenders.

I am also embarrassed by the all-female panel (now, tell me, how is that diversity?) and, specifically, for Megan Kelly. This is the second time she’s allowed a debate to unravel into arguments, epithets, and sh*t slinging. Find someone who isn’t too timid to shut someone down when he/she subverts debate protocol!
              Last edited by ThisLadyHunts; 12-07-2023, 06:47 PM. Reason: First, let me say that this duplicate post is as not my fault…

Comment

Looks like it’s double post night, two for the price of one. Who wouldn’t love that ? Same thing happened to me on Kevin’s Happy Birthday thread, and it took many minutes to post. I had several texts with Slew while it posted……twice.

and it’s Ramaswami …
                Last edited by Drycreek3189; 12-07-2023, 07:36 PM.

Comment

That’s what I said…Ramsawasmi.
                  Last edited by ThisLadyHunts; 12-07-2023, 09:24 PM. Reason: Had to go back and correct the spelling of Ramisarwy.

Comment

DeSantis is the only viable candidate, in my opinion. He’s the only one with a proven history of conservative policies as governor. I feel like is he is most like Trump in his policies and beliefs, but a much better person and less of a petulant child. He gets my vote.

Comment

Trump 2024...the new slogan should be "burn it all down"

we need a person with a vendetta against big gov at the helm.

If Trump is not in the race then I go with VR...and from the excerpts I saw, he killed it in the "debate"

Comment

I haven't watched any of them. I'm a Desantis fan but prefer he remain in Florida with us moving there hopefully to escape Texas property taxes.......I do hear that Nikki Haley is picking up steam.....I'm ok with any of them other than Christi, don't trust him for one second. I see this us nothing but a race for VP and there will be no other debates if sleepy Joe is actually going to run but with the swamp turning on the Biden's via Hunter I think he's on his way out and too much of a liability.....I do hope Trump can avoid the behavior that turned off so many people, didn't bother me but too many sensitive Nancy's vote with their emotions rather than brains.......Wouldn't shock me if Trump chose Robert Kennedy Jr. boy that would upset the apple cart........

Comment

Working...
                        X