Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Can Someone Tell Me One Thing...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No student debt. Did not go to college. Went to the Marines 7 days after high school graduation. Provide for my family without degree or handouts.

There is only one positive outcome for forgiving student debt and that is for the student receiving the benefit. That’s it. It’s not rocket science. We all know this, but some here think they are going to do something about it.

There is absolutely zero personal gain for me to have my government steal my income that I worked for and give it to other countries or illegal aliens breaking the law to get into our country, but I can’t stop that. So……

If I had a choice for who receives a benefit from the theft of my money, then I choose Americans.

For the example of buying a $500K home on $40K income then having others pay your debt being unfair, that’s exactly what happens everyday. Remember the housing market crash?

Why are we acting like our government is not using our money for anything and everything? Why is forgiveness of student loans any different? Of all the things my personal money has funded in my work career this is not the worse in my opinion.

Do I agree with it? Of course not. Can I do anything about it? Of course not. Again, stick to the original question asked and don’t bash people when they answer the question.

Comment

Well, I said in a post closer to the top that maybe he opened some people’s eyes, but apparently he missed at least one.

Comment

How do we know that loan forgiveness is going towards Americans??? There’s a lot of foreign students that come over here do they not???
        You say you don’t like it but yet in the same breath say it’s a good thing!!! I give up!!! I still have nothing on my list except he made ice cream on Sundays and pudding on Thursdays!!!

Comment

Good grief, you borrowed the dang $$$$, pay it back & shut up...forgiving the debt is nothing more than an attempt to buy votes.

JB did create a good crowd chant.

Comment

Originally posted by Danno View Post
            So you guys are against the student loan forgiveness only because you didn’t get your loans forgiven? I’m sure if he decided to go back and reimburse those that paid off their loans you would gladly take it. This is 5 yr old mentality. Mad because someone else got a free handout and you didn’t. Sounds almost like a Democrat way of thinking lol
            I'm mad because my sons who made wise decisions to go into a trade rather than rack up student loans debt now get to pay the bills for all the slackers who got basket weaving degrees and useless junk that clearly didn't have enough value to pay the loans. My other son who did go to school and put everything dime into paying off his loans early because I was cosigned on them now gets to pay for all the slackers who didn't bother to pay theirs off. It's not about handouts, it's about responsible people paying more to cover for the slackers.

This isn't an either/or situation, they steal our money for everything and it needs to stop. All of it.
            Last edited by justletmein; 12-09-2023, 10:42 PM.

Comment

Again..anyone know who qualified to have their debt wiped clean?

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                He hasn't died yet so the short answer is nothing.
                This. Joe please hurry.

Comment

I think he and his admin opened the eyes of a few, who once refused to believe, to just how corrupt our government really is. If one doesn't see it at this point then they never will.

Comment

Working...
                  X