November 22, 1963, 12:30 p.m. (CST)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

November 22, 1963, 12:30 p.m. (CST)

60 Years ago me and my twin brother were 5 years old at Stead AFB, Reno Nv, in base housing watching the Beany and Cecil Show. It was Interrupted by Breaking New.

On Nov. 22, 1963, JFK was Assassinated.

That day we lost not only a popular young president, but we also lost our national innocence.
    We lost our trust in government. Once lost, it has not returned and never will.​

Originally posted by coker737 View Post
    60 Years ago me and my twin brother were 5 years old at Stead AFB, Reno Nv, in base housing watching the Beany and Cecil Show. It was Interrupted by Breaking New.

On Nov. 22, 1963, JFK was Assassinated.

That day we lost not only a popular young president, but we also lost our national innocence.
    We lost our trust in government. Once lost, it has not returned and never will.​
    does seem like the beginning of the end.

Comment

I was 9 days old so I don't remember it.....but as you said, it still left a deep impression of distrust. Our government has never seemed to really care that they lost it though. But then again, we've never really held them accountable either.

Comment

Senior in HS. PE class. School immediately closed. Erbody sent home. Fast forward 4 years, I'm in vietnam shooting at gooks.

Comment

yep, that was a big event weekend Friday, Kennedy was killed, Saturday I killed my first deer, Monday my Dad was killed in a plane crash. I was 11

Comment

I was a couple of months shy of 6yrs old. My mother took me and my sisters downtown to see JFK. We were towards the beginning of the route and stood on the curb proudly waving our little flags when he came by. Heard the news when we got home.

Comment

Working...
            X