Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pharma and Food Companies

Pharma, Food, and Government - click here for video

“Big Food” and “Big Pharma” insider Calley Means always wanted to effect positive change in public policy. As a former consultant in some of the most influential industries in America, Calley began to see how the government was negatively affecting the health of our nation. The unexpected and completely avoidable death of Calley’s mother compelled him to dedicate his career to challenging the status quo and uncovering the underlying reason for the health crisis in America.

This is an eye opening video, but I also suspect many of you deep down inside suspected it. Ultimately, you are responsible for your own food choices and for the choices of your kids.

When I learned the American Heart Association accepted money from Procter and Gamble to basically say that butter and tallow and lard are the devil and you should eat Crisco, Seed Oils and margarine, it really turned a light on for me. The whole thing from the food pyramid, the massive push for high sugar, high carb foods, is killing us. I got rid of all the sugar in the house, just use raw honey for anything sweet. Very low carb and whole foods only and have dropped 40lbs since January. Our food is killing us and fat and lazy people are easier to control, hence the government being Ok and complicit with it all.

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter94 View Post
      When I learned the American Heart Association accepted money from Procter and Gamble to basically say that butter and tallow and lard are the devil and you should eat Crisco, Seed Oils and margarine, it really turned a light on for me. The whole thing from the food pyramid, the massive push for high sugar, high carb foods, is killing us. I got rid of all the sugar in the house, just use raw honey for anything sweet. Very low carb and whole foods only and have dropped 40lbs since January. Our food is killing us and fat and lazy people are easier to control, hence the government being Ok and complicit with it all.
      Amen. Follow the money!!!!

Comment

Interesting but makes since

Comment

I caught onto this probably 5+ years ago. Not going to go all into what I eat and don't eat like some crossfitter....but I definitely feel better having adjusted my diet accordingly.

I will say what caught my attention and sent me down the life changing rabbit hole. When I learned that "Natural Flavors" can mean chemicals that taste like a natural product.

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter94 View Post
            All this and portion control, too. I grew up in an era where “cleaning your plate” was the universal societal mantra. Fortunately, I had a mother with a Ph.D in common sense who preached, “If you’re no longer hungry, stop eating.” Until I turned 50, I never had to worry about my weight. Now, I do but I’m convinced the self-restraint she insisted upon when I was a child is the reason I’m a disciplined eater as an adult.

Until you set a basket of chips and salsa in front of me. All bets are off then.

Comment

Read Peter Attia - Outlive. Fantastic book, and points out the flaws in the governments official positions on things like diet. But also provides a great roadmap to becoming healthy.

I am not a fan of blaming anyone for bad health, except for the person themselves. If someone is foolish enough to follow any recommendation blindly, then they are asking for problems. Whether it be hunting, a new roof, or their own health.

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post

All this and portion control, too. I grew up in an era where “cleaning your plate” was the universal societal mantra. Fortunately, I had a mother with a Ph.D in common sense who preached, “If you’re no longer hungry, stop eating.” Until I turned 50, I never had to worry about my weight. Now, I do but I’m convinced the self-restraint she insisted upon when I was a child is the reason I’m a disciplined eater as an adult.

Until you set a basket of chips and salsa in front of me. All bets are off then.
                I like the idea of limiting what you put on your plate and going back for more if you're hungry after you finish what was on your plate. I hate wasting food needlessly.

Comment

Working...
                X