500,000 liters of water

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

500,000 liters of water

But the irony is that the US's move from fossil fuels to lithium-powered electric batteries is not entirely environmentally friendly. To extract one ton of lithium requires about 500,000 liters of water, and can result in the poisoning of reservoirs and related health problems.

I saw that sentence and figured I need to send this to the green screen.

The other part that is shocking is Magnolia Arkansas has a 26.6% unemployment rate.

Way to go democrats!!
    The town's mayor told DailyMail.com that he heard Exxon Mobil,?Tetra Technologies and Standard Lithium could make their claims and pull lithium from the small Arkansas town.

That might be the lowest it's ever been, you ever been to Magnolia Ar lol?

On the other, these are well known facts, about many things, windmills, solar panels, etc., but if you like to put your head in the sand, or money counts for more than logic, then these insignificant details are glossed right over, and we don't think about it anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by 4wheels View Post
      But the irony is that the US's move from fossil fuels to lithium-powered electric batteries is not entirely environmentally friendly. To extract one ton of lithium requires about 500,000 liters of water, and can result in the poisoning of reservoirs and related health problems.

I saw that sentence and figured I need to send this to the green screen.

The other part that is shocking is Magnolia Arkansas has a 26.6% unemployment rate.

Way to go democrats!!
      Yes sir, and what do you think is going to happen when those batteries are dropped in a landfill? The government doesn't have facilities or plans for facilities to dispose of the batteries. They should be disposed of similarly to spent nuclear fuel rods.

Comment

Do you all know how coal plants or nuke plants work? There is a reason they are located on rivers, lakes, and coastlines. And there is a reason they require scrubbers, baghouses, or closed circuits for water. Or a hole in the side of a mountain to store the waste.

If you want to get really upset, look at the mining firm trying to build leach pits in southern Alaska, or northeast Minnesota.

BTW, I am a big proponent of both. But don't kid yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
          Do you all know how coal plants or nuke plants work? There is a reason they are located on rivers, lakes, and coastlines. And there is a reason they require scrubbers, baghouses, or closed circuits for water. Or a hole in the side of a mountain to store the waste.

If you want to get really upset, look at the mining firm trying to build leach pits in southern Alaska, or northeast Minnesota.

BTW, I am a big proponent of both. But don't kid yourself.
          We never said they were perfect, just pointing out that lithium batteries and many of the other options really aren't much, if any better. At least we know the shortcomings of fossil and nukes and have taken precautions. Haven't really gotten to that point with other options and the public at large is oblivious.

Comment

And it also takes approx 6 gallons of water to make one gallon of ethanol. Where does that other 5 gallons go?

Comment

Originally posted by BowhunterB View Post

We never said they were perfect, just pointing out that lithium batteries and many of the other options really aren't much, if any better. At least we know the shortcomings of fossil and nukes and have taken precautions. Haven't really gotten to that point with other options and the public at large is oblivious.
              None of those people are on TBH.

Comment

Working...
              X