Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DroptineDreamer View Post
    Very nice rams! Congrats!

I am going down to TT in about 6 weeks. Can you explain what animals you get for each price range. I kinda understand the colored tag thing. But what size are the blue, orange, etc. What can you get for the cheapest price tag and what is the most expensive size/price ram available?

Thanks and again, congrats on some good looking rams and a fun time!

I previously asked all the same questions. You can learn all about the place at: http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...ad.php?t=68072.

In general, all the animals are about the same size. The price difference is in horn size. Prices vary from no tag ($190) to I believe green tag ($750). There are plenty of no-tag animals that are very nice!! Just think that for the no-tag animal you could go several times for the price of the more expensive ram.

Comment

There are plenty of nice animals on the ranch.Im the guy on the left in the middle picture ans my ram scored bronzeand it sozt me 270 but there were some nice ones out there with no tags about the same size or bigger in other species. As far as accomidations go i would rather stay in the colorado casa than in the cowboy casa youll see what i mean when iyou get there. BUt ovderall its a nigood hunt that you can make as easy or as hard as you want.

Comment

very nice

Comment

congrats

Comment

Congrats.

Comment

congrats guys

Comment

WTG guys. Really nice rams you took. I can testify to Thompson Temples Ram hunts, the best ram hunt for the money. If he would just fix those cabins up...I'd go twice a year.

Comment

Thanks guys.

Comment

Good looking rams guys. I can't wait for my trip in july. I went last year and shot one with a rifle, but this year it is only bow hunting for me. I agree that you can't beat it for the price. The facilities are pretty bad, but we went to the river on the saturday afternoon last time and bathed in there rather than risking going in the shower there.

Comment

Congrats on the ram

Comment

Nice rams!!!!! Love Thompson's place!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

couple of good rams you got there.

Comment

good lookin goats Congrats

Comment

congrats Shark , i bet your friend is hooked big time

Comment

Yeah, he has called me a couple of times to schedule another hunt, but right now I need to take it easy. My wife lost her job, so I can only do free hunts.

For all you skeptics:

I just ate my first ram. It was my painted desert that I killed last week. I gave some meat to brother and law to do up. He is from India, so I knew he could do something with it. Wow, .....it was awesome!! Curry ram and rice. A couple of pieces did have a small after taste, but overall, it was great. I think that the meat came out good because I quickly cleaned the animal and got it in the freezer. Within a day, I skinned the animal. I also took my time cutting all the fat off it when I butchered it. When we traveled back to Dallas, I let the meat soak in ice water for 1 1/2 days before I froze it. Anyway, I am here to promote ram meat.

Comment

Working...
                                X