Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My first ever whitetail with a bow....(Madison County)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My first ever whitetail with a bow....(Madison County)

A few weeks ago I posted about my first ever bowkill...I big ol boar hog which I was pretty proud of. It got lost after the new format but you can go here to read about it and to see a few pics.

I was up at our property in Madison County last weekend and for the first time I went to meet our neighboring landowners. They were very glad to meet me and they were super nice people. Now to the the good news. For the past 6 years, the 7,000 acres that surrounds my land has been under an intense TP&W management program. Just last year they took 250 does off of the 1,000 acre ranch behind my property. My neighbors went on to say that they have been seeing alot better quality bucks in the last few years. Well, that explains the trail cam pictures I have been getting. I figured I would do my parts in managing the herd and take a doe if I could.

I found myself in my tripod yesterday afternoon and man, the weather was great! I had a few does come in early but none of them offered me a shot. Well, around 6 in the evening a young doe came in acting frisky and she offered my a great shot opportunity. The adrenaline kicked in when I realized I was fixing to release on my first ever whitetail. My pin found the sweet spot, I released and watched the arrow make a complete pass thru. I was shaking pretty good after that so I put my bow on the hanger next to me. Not 45 seconds later I see movement from where the doe came out at. I glance through the brush and I see antler...alot of antler actually. Here I am still kind of shaken up after the doe and a nice buck is making it's way into my seteup with his nose to the ground. Now I know why the doe I shot was acting a little frisky. He came on in and he was a very nice high racked 8 pt but he wasn't on the hit list. If I wouldn't have gotten all those mature bucks on my trail cam, this one would of taken an arrow but......I let him walk. I got on down and tracked my doe. It's not the biggest doe but a doe none the less and it's my first archery whitetail kill.
    Last edited by Johnny; 10-19-2008, 07:40 PM.

Nice write up! Congrats on the slick head!

Comment

Congrats on filling the freezer. Looks like the broadhead did a number on her.

Comment

Congrats on your first bow kill!

I nominate this kill for a VE

Comment

Congrats on the doe. I second the nomination for VE.

Comment

Congrats on your first!

Comment

Nothing like your first. Congrats and thanks for sharing.

Comment

Congrads on yur 1st!

Comment

Congrats on them tender vittles!

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

congrats on your first

Comment

Johnny congrats to you! Man I wish I had neighbors like yours here in Madison County. We are going to have to hook up one weekend after the Gen Season opener.

Comment

Nice season so far!

Comment

Congrats on the doe and your first ever whitetail kill.

Comment

congrats.

Comment

Working...
                              X