10 point with a kicker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

10 point with a kicker

Nov 7-8th, I have been hunting a particular 130ish class 10 all season. Had him on video since the opening weekend but have not seen him since. Another hunter suggested that he might have jumped the fence and could be someone elses trophy now...He suggested I hunt a different blind. So on Saturday, I decided to hunt a different blind. Around 0600, I had a good buck come in. Still too dark to get a good description, I continued watching as more deer came in. In a flash, he got on a doe and left the scene. Still to early to video, I sent a text to Chris and Bob and told them about the deer. It looked like a 9 point in the dark with sweeping main beams. As the morning went on, I was covered up with deer of all sizes. At about 0815, I had a large 5 1/2 to 6 1/2 year old 8 feeding out in front of me. In a flash, he fluffed up and turned sideways and walked away in a sideways motion. I looked out the window to see that it was the same deer that had come in that morning. It was actually a 10 with a kicker on his right G2. He was awesome and got my juices flowing....shaking like crazy....He walked behind the blind and came to the same feeding spot he occupied earlier. I instantly started to text Chris and Bob to give them details about this deer. Tine length, spread, main beam, etc. We have our ranch manager fly the place before bow season and he takes photos from the helicopter each year. Chris and Bob both said it was one of the bucks from the pics and told me to shoot as he was mature and a good buck. I got the video camera in place and hit record. He put himself at about 19 yards, quartered away and I let the arrow fly!!! It found its mark and he went down 60-65 yards away from the blind. It ended up being my 2nd best kill. 136 6/8.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by cooker2; 11-18-2008, 09:33 PM.

Congrats on a great buck

Comment

Gongrats!

Comment

I mean Congrats!

Comment

He's a beauty! Congrats!

Comment

Congratulations on the big 10.

Comment

Pretty Buck, Congrats on the hunt

Comment

Good buck, man! And would y'all please keep those dang hogs on your side of the fence!

Comment

thanks, and Chance....trying to thin them as much as we can...

Comment

congrats beautiful and your deer are DARK

Comment

Good lookin' deer.....congrats....

Comment

Congrats. Nice Buck

Comment

awesome looking buck

Comment

Beautiful deer...and great shot. Congrats.

Comment

Congrats Nice Buck.

Comment

Working...
                              X