Muley's 175" Muley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Muley's 175" Muley

Well my friend Andy Milam called me on the 5th of January and asked if I was interested in hunting New Mexico mule deer during their January season. He had found a private ranch and was seeing some good bucks chasing does so I just couldn't pass up the opportunity. After checking with Mike and Travis who assured me they would cover the store, and getting the blessing from my dear wife, I headed to New Mexico on a spur of the moment trip. Thanks guys!

We set up our blinds in some of the more well travelled areas and the next thing I know this buck comes out at 60 yards with some does. I shot and got a complete pass thru, but it didn't look like good placement. He ran a little, stopped again and I put a second arrow thru him. It was getting late and we decided to give the deer some time. When we came back the next morning, he hadn't gone but 100 yards max. He had good forks with lots a character including 8 inches of trash, mostly around his brow tines. This was the first muley I've killed with a beautiful winter cape!

It was hell getting back today through all the ice, and now I've got to leave to the ATA show in Atlanta in the morning. Sorry if I've neglected any of you as I have not been in the office to catch up on phone calls or emails since the beginning of the hunt. Travis will be at the store while I'm out, but i'll be back in biz on Tuesday. thx

Wow nice mulie. You have some great friends

Comment

Congrats on the Mulie!

Comment

Great Muley!

Comment

Good shootin, good buck. Livin' up to your name!

Comment

Nice

Comment

Great Muley, Muley!

Comment

Nice Muley Bro! I bet yur taxidermist is Happy with yalls successful season!
                Last edited by Bowwiz; 01-16-2007, 08:21 PM. Reason: lak of typn skilz

Comment

Awesome muley,congrats.

DJ

Comment

That's a hoss.....CONGRATS!

Comment

Congrats on the Muley, nice to have friends like that.

Comment

Thats a nice one, congrats!!

Comment

**** Jim.....jeez, you kill some BIG deer!

Can you sprinkle me with some of your holy water (grin)...

nice, nice buck...

Comment

Way to go Jim,congrats on a great muley buck

Comment

Congrats on a great muley!

Comment

Working...
                              X