Back from Mesquite Bowhunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back from Mesquite Bowhunting

Well we just made it back home from Mesquite Bowhunting Ranch. Overall I would have to say we had a very fun trip. My wife and I and some friends arrived mid-day Friday and were greeted by Gerald and his wife Maria. Gerald quickly showed us the camp house and made us feel at home, soon after he checked us in and off we went. Gerald took us for a ride to see the ranch and showed us some stands that were available to us if needed. He was also open for any suggestions on stand setups we might have. Too make a long story short, we saw lots of animals; very nice fallow bucks,two nice axis bucks,rams,hogs,red stag,blackbucks, and whitetails. A pair of hunters leaving when we arrived mentioned they had seen a very nice group of aoudads also. My wife and her friend let some arrows fly on some hogs and rams, but neither were able to connect (both first time bowhunters). Prior to going on this trip I had read some threads about how smart his animals are and yes I admit they are very smart. With that being said and the amount of animals we saw, not many shots were taken due to there weariness. My wife and I will be booking another trip soon, especially after seeing some of the fallow bucks he has to offer for the price. Gerald and his wife Maria were very nice and did not hesitate to help us when needed. I will conclude this thread by saying that Gerald and the operation he runs are very pleasing ; we had a good experience with him.

Nice report. Good time spent with friends. The second time oughta be better.

Comment

Working...
    X