On the Board from LBJ!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On the Board from LBJ!!!

Well, Saturday evening it all came together fro the first time this year. Hunting a unit at LBJ, had a small doe come in from behind the tree i was guarding. She advanced to about 28 yards, and was off and on checking me out as she came in, and I prepared myself for the shot. She finally turned broadside, and as I drew, she turned 1/4 away fairly steep. I found the spot I wanted to hit, and released. Then the sound we all admire so.... I thought I had hit WAY high, and she trotted off about 30 yards and stopped. As she was looking around, she took a stumble step backwards, righted herself, and began to walk off. Then she just disappeared!!!

We were losing light fast, and decided to at least find some blood before dark. I found my arrow, and had good blood from tip to tip. I walked a few yards in the direction she headed, and found a spot of blood. I called Toby(aggie2000tx) to come help trailing. As he walked up, he pointed to a stone dead behind a log, about 10 feet from me!! We got our gear together, headed to the truck to get the game cart, and get her out of there. We all know what does look like, so there are no LDPs, but another batch of great memories!!

Congrats!

Comment

way 2 go

Comment

Way to go Glenn.Congrats!

Comment

Congrats..

Comment

Congrats Glenn on the doe.

Comment

Congrats Glenn. When are y'all going to let me know when your up that way. Would love to share a campfire or at least a brew.

Comment

Congrats

Comment

sweet, love the public land harvest--way to go

Comment

Congrats on the public land deer.

Comment

nice, you should post this in the public land section

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Way to go my friend!!!!!! Congrats!!!!!! Now let's take it to Grayson County and get some more meat for the freezer.

Comment

Excellent and congratulations!!!

Comment

Good stuff, Glenn! Congrats on the doe!

Comment

Working...
                              X