Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening.
Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Smoked my biggest buck so far this morning...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smoked my biggest buck so far this morning...

Well last week I shot my first buck with a bow and this morning I got one of my target bucks with my bow. He is a big 5.5 yr old (?)8 pt and nice for what we see in this part of East Tx. Man I was so pumped i was shaking after I shot. I decided to not hunt my main hunting area this morning and follow my gut so I go to an old tree stand I have on the other side of the property because it was perfect for the northwest wind this morning. It is an area that is rarely hunted and sees little pressure. It's up on a ridge with a deep draw to my back and a stand of oaks in front of me that transitions to pine after about 40 yds. There is no feeder in the area so I put out three small piles of apple corn and hung a scent wick with some doe estrous about 20 yds in front of me. At about 7:45 I heard a squirrel seriously unhappy down in the draw behind me and at 7:55 over my right shoulder I could see him coming straight through the brush heading up the embankment behind me and straight for the scent wick I had hung. He paused at 9-10 yds and put his head down to check out the hand corn and I put a lethal shot on him from 17ft up in a red oak. He was hard quartering away so i backed my shot up and let her rip. He made it 20 yds and was stoned cold dead. The rage demolished his lungs and heart and came to a stop in between his front shoulder and brisket. Dang I love bowhunting! I just don't get this excited shooting a buck with a gun.

For some reason my phone hasnt let me attach pics with my phone for a week. I can text someone pics if you would be so kind as to post them...thanks

281-615-3042

Comment

Congrats

Comment

PM sent, but Double A beat me.

Comment

Congrats!!

Comment

Congrats.

Comment

Awesome, congrats.

Comment

Congrats!!! Subbed for pics!!

Comment

Congrats! Look forward to the pics!! Nothing like that feeling for sure!

Comment

Come on with the pics! Love me a big East tx hoss.

Comment

Originally posted by DOUBLE.A View Post
                      281-615-3042
                      Thanks I really appreciate it. Sorry to blow your phone up with so many pics...lol

Comment

Originally posted by Tmag View Post
                        PM sent, but Double A beat me.
                        Thank man

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
                          Thanks I really appreciate it. Sorry to blow your phone up with so many pics...lol
                          Must be floating in the air still. Haha. All good.

Comment

Near Cleveland? Ain't no deer in Cleveland!

Comment

Has anyone mentioned yet that we need pics? C'MON MAN!!

Comment

Working...
                              X