Edwards County Rut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Edwards County Rut

Has anyone seen any rut activity in Edwards County yet?

Going there in two weekends, in for reports.

Comment

Which part? In SE Edwards, they don't rut until late November/ early December.

That ram come from Edwards county as well?

Comment

No rutting in SW Edwards

Comment

Originally posted by The General View Post
          Which part? In SE Edwards, they don't rut until late November/ early December.

That ram come from Edwards county as well?
          I'm in the northern part of Edwards County - about 15 miles north of Rocksprings.

Yes, I shot the ram in Edwards County.

Comment

Per TPWD:

Edward's Plateau
            Conception dates for this region ranged from as early as October 9 to a late date of January 30. The Edwards Plateau, Texas' highest deer production region, was divided into three areas for the study. The eastern part had a peak breeding date of November 7. Peak breeding for the central portion was November 24, and the western area had a peak date of December 5. An average of 90 percent of the does were bred and the average number of fetuses found was 1.3 per doe. The majority (90%) of the fawns are born by June 14 in the eastern area, June 26 in the central area, and by July 13 in the western area.

Comment

its usually thanksgiving week for our place

Comment

I hunted in the far eastern par of Edwards County of 83 growing up, and it was usually between the second weekend of rifle and Thanksgiving for peak activity.

Comment

I hunted this weekend at the ranch 15 min from Rocksprings some young bucks chasing but thanksgiving is when it will be on.

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
                    I hunted in the far eastern par of Edwards County of 83 growing up, and it was usually between the second weekend of rifle and Thanksgiving for peak activity.
                    ^^^^ this,

I'm in southern Real County on the Uvalde county line.

Round two is usually the 2nd 2 weeks of December.

Comment

Ill be in se edwards county 7 days from npw. Hopefully this cooler weather forecasted will make it down and get those bucks moving good.

Comment

I hunt my uncles place off hw41 about 25 miles from rocksprings and things usually heat up Thanksgiving week!! I've killed on thanksgiving day the past 2 yrs

Comment

So do you classify Rocksprings as Central or Eastern?

Comment

Never mind, I was reading that map wrong.

Comment

Any updates. I'm in Edwards county right now. Saw a bunch of animals. To and from. But nothing at the feeder.

Comment

Working...
                              X