Big Burnet County Hog Down!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big Burnet County Hog Down!!!

I shot this beast last night. I have been blessed with an unbelievable place to hunt hogs hunt in Burnet County, about 15 mins from my house. I have killed 46 of them so far all with my bow. A few of them, I wasn’t able to recover until the next day, but the most of them have ended up in my freezer. Even though he is my biggest hog ever with a bow, he was no exception. He is going to make great vittles.
    I wish I had have taken a couple better pictures, but it was at night. Sorry to all the LDP police out there, but I wanted to get it quartered out, in fridge, and get home at a decent hour. Plus, I had a buddy helping me (thanks, Huntemup) and didn’t want to keephim up all night.
    The pics I did get were with some help of a fellow TBHer, who just happened to be getting gas at the Corner Store. Thanks, bowhunterhelm! He looked like he had a successful hunt as well, last night, by the deer in the back of his pickup. It is always cool to meet another TBHer. It was great timing in this case too. I appreciate the pics.
    Usually, these hogs look much smaller than the trail cam pictures. In this case he looked a lot bigger in person than any of the camera pics I had of him. I think he was pretty comfortable at the feeder. I will probably do a Euro of the skull. I am having a wonderful2015 season so far!
    Attached Files

That's a good one there. Did the Broadhead slice his Jaw on exit?

Comment

Congrats. He will make a nice euro mount.

Comment

Good job buddy.

Comment

Originally posted by twosixteens View Post
          That's a good one there. Did the Broadhead slice his Jaw on exit?
          I spined this guy.(pretty bad shot, it was in the dark, and I was having trouble seeing my peep). My back up shot was low on chest cavity head on, it sliced him on entry.

Comment

Big boy! Congrats!

Comment

Nice to meet you last night. That is an awesome pig! Sorry but the pics just don't do him justice. Congrats on a beast of a hog. I would have liked to chat with you a while but it was obvious we were both in a hurry.

Congrats!

Comment

Good work buddy!

Comment

That's a solid boar right there! Good job.

Comment

Thats a big ole pig.

Comment

Nice pig!!!

Comment

Congratulations. KAP!!!

Comment

Wow great boar!

Congratulations!

Comment

Good bowkill boar, congrats.

Comment