Checkmate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Checkmate

For the last four years I have either been watching or hunting a buck we called crooked brow. I first really noticed him at 3.5. He was a ten point with large brow tines that curved so he was easy to recognize. I kept track of him while he was four and he just grew up like you would think. Ten point frame still just larger. The next year I was pumped to see just how big he was. When I got my first good pics of him I couldn't believe it. He lost his G4 on his left side and the beam dipped down. He also grew a small droptine. I hunted him hard. He turned into the smarted deer I have ever encountered. I would hunt the wind and never see him. The next morning he would be on camera. This chess match went on all year. I finally brushed in a pop up blind and the first time I hunted it I saw him. The first time I had seen him in a year and a half. He stayed about 80 yards out and never came in. Once again he won the game. This year once again I can't wait to see what he looks like. This year he is totally different. The side that was the eight point was now a typical twelve. He stayed a ten on the other but grew a good kicker off his G2. He still had the big brows and was real rough around the bases. The year started out with crazy east winds which didn't help me. I chose not to hunt when the wind wasn't perfect. Still he kept showing up on camera but I would never see him when I was hunting. This weekend with all the rain I thought I might catch a break. Late Sunday after a four year wait he came in and gave me a shot. The chess match is over and I harvested the hardest deer I have ever hunted.

Very nice.

Comment

Very Nice

Comment

Knarly joker!!!!! Congratulations on a great buck!

Comment

Heck yea. Nice story and great buck!

Comment

Awesome! Congrats!

Comment

Great deer and story, Congrats.

Comment

Man what a stud! Congrats

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Great deer!! Congrats.

Comment

Congrats on the STUD!

Comment

Awesome write up, and a heck of a buck! Congrats sir!

Comment

Congrats! Nice buck!

Comment

Nice buck, congratulations

Comment

Working...
                              X