Liberty Hill - WILCO hunt 10/9-11.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Liberty Hill - WILCO hunt 10/9-11.

I was asked to fill a spot on a hunt that was in Liberty Hill, Williamson county property. It will be a County Regional Park soon, so I think this is the last year to hunt it. It is called the River Ranch, a 1000 acres just a few miles south of town. The website lists as the 7th annual bow hunt. If I didn’t have a lease I definitely would have bought in a weekend, $750.00 for 6 people. Friday night - Sunday morning, if anyone is interested, web address = http://parks.wilco.org/

So to the hunt, I saw a few spikes, does-fawn/yearlings, and a basket 4 and 6 point for the 1st two sits. A 100lb pig was shot and a small 8 and a couple misses for the other hunters, but Man it was Hot Saturday afternoon! Wind wasn’t right or changed direction and I had a Doe bust me off in the distance. Blowing and a going back and forth from the road ~ 30 to 40 yards away, but that didn’t stop a 1st year spike and a fawn from coming to the Hand thrown corn. Was kind of disappointed, Hot, Wind not Right, Sweating like a pig, etc. Wish I could hunt this property come November during the Rut. There’s Supposed to be some 140 class deer around, and been killed in previous years. This property sits in between two neighborhoods which seem to be their safe haven. So Sunday decided to try the other side the ranch, next to the neighborhood, lucky #10. Nice cool sit, and sure enough come first light they come out from that side of the fence line by the neighborhood side 4 or 5 straight towards me. There were 3 does and a couple little spikes. I wanted a nice doe, so it was perfect. I made a quick adjustment in the chair for the shot. Only problem was the biggest doe was doing everything possible to keep the 2 spikes from getting any corn. I admit I wasn’t patient enough, but having too many sets of eyes and ears around, I shot the second biggest when she presented a perfect broadside shot at 10 yards. Pulled the Airborne 101st back, Easton Axis 350 arrow, Burt coyote nock, and Rage 2 Blade Broadhead, THWACK! It was a complete Pass-through, little high, but deadly. Got some lung and a lot of Liver, she left a blood trail of that dark red blood, so I knew she was dead. Not the Best pic, but you can see the damage from the exit wound. She ran about 30 yards, so it was any easy track. Only problem was I couldn’t find my arrow, that’s a least $30.00 loss. Grass was pretty high and I don’t know if the nock shut off. I asked the manager if he finds it to call me. LOL
    Attached Files

Congrats

Comment

congrats

Comment

Congratulations

Comment

Congrats on the doe, Rob.

Comment

Working...
          X