1st Bow buck E.TX 7pt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1st Bow buck E.TX 7pt

My BIL and I drove this morning and were set in our stands by 6am. At about 6:45 I hear steps behind me and I see a silhouette coming out of the woods to my right. It was too dark to tell what buck it was but I could tell it was a big body. He came to the feeder and started to eat the corn and I had to wait about 30mins before I could finally see his antlers well. I thought of passing him up knowing there is bigger deer around but I had only had one other buck in bow range before and I missed that buck. He walked away but walked back and I didn't have second thoughts then. I let one fly and he piled up at sight about 30 yds away. He is not a giant only a 16in spread 7pt but I'm proud to have taken my first buck with a bow. I've waited 5yrs for this shot, ever since Firecuss first talked me into buying a bow.

Congrats. Great Trophy

Comment

That's a good one. Congrats.

Comment

Good shot! I grew up in Shepherd so I always enjoy reading your reports.

Comment

Solid deer!!! And an awesome shot! Way to put in the time and effort to get it done.

Comment

congrats

Comment

Your hearing must be great, I can never hear East Texas deer- they seem to levitate for me.
              But then again I'm borderline deaf.

Congrats on a great first ET buck.

There are plenty of bow hunters out there with multiples under their belt that would have shot him given the chance.

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Congrats!!!!

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Congrats man, good looking deer.

Comment

CONGRATS!! No reason to down play him. Any animal is a trophy!

Comment

Congrats.

Comment

Congrats! Nice shot

Comment

Man I am really happy for you. I know you've been working real hard at this bowhunting stuff and it all came together for you today. Congratulations on a fine, mature east TX buck!

Comment

Working...
                              X