Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats

Comment

Congrats on the first bow buck!!! I am hoping to share the same experience this year.....heck of a buck!!!

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

That's a stud east tx 8 pt! Congrats on your first!

Comment

Nice buck. Congrats.

Comment

Thanks guys. Thanks Johnny for your help.

I almost didn't hunt. It was 90 degrees at 4:15 but I came up here on a long weekend to hunt, not sit on my ***.

I climbed up the tree at 4:45 and within 30 seconds I heard him behind me. Was very surprised I didn't spook him.

That stand sits in an oak patch and it's covered with acorns so he was chomping down.

The wind was perfect for where I was. I was downwind of him so he definitely couldn't smell me. When I saw him, I immediately recognized him as one of our hit list bucks for culling. He's had that same 8 frame that isn't desireable on our place. This year we have lots of 9/10s so the goal is to do some culling and let the others breed.

Anyway, I was calm as could be. Talked myself calm and decided if he'd get in range I would let one fly. He walked directly below me, then headed out in front. He was quartering away pretty hard but finally gave me the fatal angle at 15 yards away (I'm up a tree).

Shot felt perfect. Wasn't nervous, been practicing a whole lot. Saw the arrow hit and stuck in. As he was running I could see the arrow was right in the pump station.

Started tracking within 45 minutes and the rest is history. The first picture above was the exit wound, second picture was the entry. As you could see, he was in for a hurting!

Man, this stuff is fun.

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Congrats on a nice buck

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Cull material! Couldn't be happier.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Nice. It didn't take you long to break in that no cam. The new bow brought you some luck. Congrats.

Comment

Originally posted by FULL DRAW View Post
                              Nice. It didn't take you long to break in that no cam. The new bow brought you some luck. Congrats.
                              Took some bad luck first... "Missed" a spike last weekend. Found him on the trail camera this weekend, looked to me like he ducked an arrow that was otherwise well aligned. He has an entry wound at the very top of his back, figured it should have spined him.

Win some, lose some!

Comment

Nice deer. Congrats.

Comment

Working...
                                X