cover up in hogs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cover up in hogs

Me and two other friend headed out for what was just another normal east texas hunt. I got to the Stand a little later than I wanted and finally got settled in. After about twenty minutes I hear a deep snort off too my right I grabbed my bow and got into position. I could hear a large pig snapping his jaws and grunting this continued for about a min or two. I knew it was only a matter of time before I could see them I sat heart pounding to only hear them heading off away from me. Thinking they must have caught my scent I text my buddy sitting in my box stand with a ar hogs headed your way . About thirty minutes later my other hunting buddy send me a text just seen a huge hog heading to my feeder that was out of his sights. He was also bow hunting off a trail close to his feeder. I sent my friend that was in the box blind the message that hogs went the other way and maybe he could put a stalk on them if the other hunter didn't care. So I text my fellow bow hunter and waited for a response. I finally get a text back hog are heading back my way so I relay the message on and sit and wait. About ten min later my buddy in the box blind sends a text I hear them but can't see them yet. A few minutes go by and I hear two shots off in the distance followed by a loud squeal surly it was him. I sent him a text you shoot following a response no not me. I sat waiting to hear a gun shot and the woods came to life sounded like a thirty foot solider heading my way. I grab my bow and waited for what was like an eternity they were so close but couldn't see anything woods were just too thick. The hogs started to head away from me so I gave a couple grunts and bam they we back on course. I drew back and pick a lane first one steps out and looks directly at me I froze he took a couple more steps and was finally in my shooting he stops and looks right at me. I let the arrow fly watching the lumnock hit it's mark it passed clean thru and see the pigs scatter. To my surprise one pig was running away with my arrow glowing out of his side . I knew for sure I hit the brown but a black one had stepped right behind him. Could believe what just happened two pigs with one arrow. I nocked another arrow and hung my bow up and pick up my phone sent a text to my fellow hunters and the boom I hear a gun shot. I get a text back from my buddy good dead pig follow by a picture of the hog he just shot. I waited about a hour and started the blood Trail that was very confusing because of the two blood trails. After about two hours of trailing blood we recovered both pigs and ended the night on a high note.
Working...
X