First compound bow kill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First compound bow kill

I believe I may have a crossbow for sale. LOL.

A brief back ground to start off with, I wanted to get into bow hunting about 5 years ago and decided to start with a X-bow. I was able to harvest a wide variety of game with it. So I decided I was going to buy a compound. I went with a Diamond Core. Didn't want to spend too much just in case it was not my thing.

The year before last was my first season in the field with it and I had two clean misses on two doe with it in the same weekend. Needless to say I went back to my X-bow and it just set around.

The following year I lost my lease.

This year I got onto a 1300 AC lease 5 minutes from my work that I have been waiting for the last 4 years to get on and decided after a year of shooting 5 nights a week with my compound that that was all I was going to use.

I'm glad I did. Tuesday afternoon I slid into the blind around 4:45 pm and at 5:28 I had a deer on the ground.
    Attached Files

Congrats.

Tell me you saved the cape on that deer.

Comment

Are you going to save that cape?

Comment

^^^^x 100

Comment

Are you aware that you shot a melanistic whitetail? Even rarer than an albino or piebald. You hit the jackpot. What county?

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Heck of a deer for your first compound kill!!

Comment

That's awesome! Save that cape

Comment

So lucky! May not be a trophy buck, but that is a trophy whitetail that trumps any big buck!!! Congrats!!!!!!!!

Comment

Gregg county.

Comment

Originally posted by tbgascorer View Post
                      Are you aware that you shot a melanistic whitetail? Even rarer than an albino or piebald. You hit the jackpot. What county?
                      People on the lease were calling them chocolate deer. LOL We have a hand full of them on our lease. After sending the game warden a picture I then learned that it was a melanistic WT.

Comment

Good job! I just started bow hunting this season, using a Martin Sabre re curve. First buck was a miss on opening morning. He was close, adrenaline was flowing...shot low. Yesterday morning I was about 5 feet from one, as I was drawing back he got spooked. He came back but just stared at me from about 15 yards. I didn't have a good broad side shot. I'm getting back at hit Saturday.

Comment

Lol go buy a lottery ticket

Comment

Congrats and awesome hide on that thing!! Hope you kept the hide.

Comment

Sweet!

Comment

Working...
                              X