Black Tail Down!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Black Tail Down!

This year has been the hardest hunting year for me in a while. I moved to Northern California Sept. 2014 and its just not TX. I spent all year scouting the 300 acres that I was able to hunt and spent hundreds of hours in the woods scouting, hanging stands, checking cameras ect... Well Oct. 1 rolls around and I am informed that the loggers are here to do their 10 year harvest which has to finish by Nov. 1. Well they cut almost every tree around my stands and they completely leveled the Tan Oak grove which is the only reason why there are deer on this 300 acres and both my stands can not be accessed because of downed trees and limbs. After about a week of praying how to deal with being so angry about it, I got an opportunity to hunt 24 acres about half hour away from the house and he said he has seen 3 different bucks lately. Coming across any type of non public hunting land in Nor Cal is quite the blessing! I sat last Wednesday and saw 2 does and the owner had seen 2 good bucks but the kids ran them off before I could put a stalk on them. Fast forward to this Wednesday, my friend got permission for me to hunt his neighbors 12 acre hay field. I got set up in an run down shack on the edge of the field with 2 different windows I figured out how to clear and use as shooting lanes. at 6:30pm last night I had 2 bucks come in from the north from about 300 yrds across the hay field but looked like they would stay behind an oak thicket and then turned down the fence line at 60yrds and headed towards my second shooting window. I snuck to the other window and had him at 35 yrds for about 5mins behind some oaks and so I drew and waited.... and waited.... and waited. I was at full draw for a little over 2 mins and my bow hand was asleep by the end. Finally, he stepped from behind the oak at 40yrds and I let her fly... I watched it tuck in behind the shoulder and I knew I had a great hit. He ran about 40 yrds and stopped in the field and then fell forward on his chest and never moved again! It was an incredible hunt. Oh the irony of my God for me to have give up on a beautiful 300 acre wilderness property, yet His blessing comes in a 12 acre hay field with a house on either side! To Him be the Glory!

Please excuse my scary smile in the pictures!

Last edited by BamaPSE; 10-08-2015, 09:36 AM.

Cool story, congrats!

Comment

Nice buddy! He is a Good Father that gives us gifts!

Comment

Great buck!

Congratulations!

Comment

Congrats! Heck of a buck

Comment

Great story!! Congrats

Comment

Great deer!

Comment

Great Black, congrats!!

Comment

Great Black Tail! Congratulations!

Comment

nice one, congrats!

Comment

that's awesome man, God works in mysterious ways elroy.... congrats!

Comment

Impressive Black-Tail... Congrats!!!

Comment

Heck ya! Congratulations

Comment

Congratulations!

Comment

Very nice.

Comment

Working...
                              X