My first buck with my bow!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My first buck with my bow!

I was not even supposed to go hunting this weekend which had me pretty bummed! Well as the last minute on Thursday I was told I did not have to work the weekend so I took off to the house and started packing lol. Me and my dad got in the blind about 0615 got the camera set up and I drew back a few times(I made sure to do that since I scared a nice 8pt last year by hitting the blind on my draw back). We had a buck and doe come out about 0700 or so but was still to dark to get a point count so I patiently waited. Well at 0730 a very nice 8 pt comes to the feed pen from our right and stopped before jumping the panel now I can feel my heart beating out of my chest 3 more bucks walk up but I didn't much mind to them as I had my eye on the big one lol. He made a circle and acted like he was gonna jump it a few times the stopped, finally he made the leap and was inside the feed pen he took a few steps and put his head down turned broadside perfectly. I slowly drew back he took one step forward and I had the perfect shot so I let it fly.!! He did the high kick ran into the feeder leg and jumped the panel and ran behind us. Now I'm shaking it was everything i could do to knock another arrow!!!! Me and dad are both pumped now I knew it was a good shot I heard him fall behind us!! I think I asked dad multiple how long it had been and it had only been 5/10 min lol!!!! Finally the wait was over and we set out to recover my trophy! He went about 50 yds down the road behind us and fell over man was I pumped! I hope everyone had a good opening weekend cause I will never forget this one! Thank you dad and Clint for making it possible!!!!

Having trouble with pics will get them up asap

Comment

congrats! Waiting on pics!

Comment

Comment

Comment

Nice buck! Congrats!

Comment

Thank ya sir

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

great shot and buck!

Comment

Congrats again Josh. Glad we could be there this weekend with y'all.

Comment

Heck yea! very nice LilM

Comment

Very nice!!!

Like what he's got going on with that brow tine

Comment

Originally posted by Scribner Lite View Post
                          Congrats again Josh. Glad we could be there this weekend with y'all.

Me to thanks I love yall

Comment

Originally posted by RAGUIRREJR View Post
                            Very nice!!!

Like what he's got going on with that brow tine

I didn't even see it before I shot him we are still not 100% on the score yet

Comment

Very Nice!!

Comment

Working...
                              X