I got skunked today, but.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got skunked today, but.......

...my friends son managed a nice big doe.

This young "13" year old bow hunter, just started bow hunting this year and he took to it like a fish to water. So far this year has taken a 5 point buck, 2 does and this Axis below. It took us two hours in the dark to track the doe tonight.
    The kid is like a blood hound when it comes to spotting blood. Must be the young eyes.

All free range on their lease near Sonora. He swears he'll never pick up a rifle again. He's hooked.

I passed on a nice 9 pointer. He was only 3-1/2- 4 years old and there is a lease rule of 5 years or older. He was a beauty though. Gonna give a try in the morning and then head to Del Rio for a Mon-Wed Exotic only draw hunt at Devils River.
    Last edited by bzzboyz; 01-06-2007, 10:52 PM.

Good luck in sealing the deal and congrats to the young man above. I remember you posting when he harvested the axis. Keep us posted on your success.

Comment

Congrats to the young hunter!!

Comment

Congrats to the young hunter on the doe and very nice Axis. Good luck to you on the draw hunt.

Comment

congrats to the kid,i started bow hunting when about his age,it took me a year to finaly get one under my belt keep up the good work.

Comment

Yep,your friend's son is a archery addict!Tell him ,Bowwiz says Congrads!
            Last edited by Bowwiz; 01-07-2007, 03:37 AM. Reason: lak of typn skilz

Comment

Congratulations you guys!! Take a kid bowhunting and keep him away from many bad things in this world.

Do you know the equipment in that kid's armory?
              I'm preparing a 12 year old cousin for next season and we are in the process of selecting a bow.

Comment

Congrats to the young hunter. I wish I'd had started that young!

Comment

Very nice I have been bowhunting for 2 years now and cant seem to put one on the ground!

Comment

congrats to the young hunter

Comment

Congratulations to the young hunter! Good luck on your exotic hunt.

Comment

Congratulations

Comment

Good deal. Great to see such a young addict.

Comment

Congrats to the young hunter

Comment

Congrats Kiddo!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X