No announcement yet.

Lost a BIG BOAR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

those boars are tough i have shot them in traps with 22 and the bullet ricashades off the skull, several of them were never found, my best success is a 270 right between the eyes lol

Comment

Originally posted by 4d_outfitters View Post
      I know they get bigger if you don't find them but this was truely a bruiser. My buddy shot him tonight with a .308 in the lung area from about 130yrds. For the 1st 50 yrds we tracked chunks of something red. looke to me like lung or something. After about 100 yrds, I started circling looking for a body. My buddy stayed on the trail but the chunks of what ever turned into moderate blood at best then just drops. We never found the hog. I can't figure out what went wrong. The chunks of stuff we were finding were the size of golf balls.

Chances are your buddy didn't hit him where he thought he did or you would have most likley found him. I shot this one through the shoulder plate with my bow, double lung and he went 30 yards. He weighed between 250 and 300lbs. Shot placement is everything.

Comment

nextime ;;;======>

Comment

Originally posted by tgridley View Post
          Chances are your buddy didn't hit him where he thought he did or you would have most likley found him. I shot this one through the shoulder plate with my bow, double lung and he went 30 yards. He weighed between 250 and 300lbs. Shot placement is everything.
          This is true. the 1st clue we had was the fact the he was coughing up solid chunks of what looked like lung. I have started working on a 35 Whelen from a mauser 98 action that I got from my pastor. I know that'll mash 'em

hunt nxs...if you need the hog #'s down there are more than a few of us that would gladly come out and help. I'm ready bow or gun. It's a shame to know they're being wasted like that when they could instead benefit so many folks. Just my .02

Comment

Working...
          X