Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

congrats nice buck

Comment

Very nice deer Drake... Way to lay the smack down. Now you need to lay the track down. One with the Video!

Comment

Very nice!

Comment

Goodun, Drake.

Comment

Awesome buck, congratulations. Thanks for sharing the pictures.

Comment

Congrats Drake! Super nice!

Comment

Very nice! Congrats!!!

Comment

That's one fine looking buck Drake! Congratulations!

Comment

Looking forward to the video. Congrats

Comment

That's a dandy, widetrack 8. Congrats on a nice buck!
                      Is this a little better?
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	Drakes8 (Medium).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	50.9 KB
ID:	23815450
                      Last edited by Burnadell; 10-22-2006, 05:53 PM.

Comment

Nice buck,Congrats...

Comment

Got my attention, very nice buck, congrats.

Comment

Good night, Drake! There's a stud of an 8-point! Congratulations on downing a truly magnificent Sutton County buck! Looking forward to the video!

Comment

Looking forward to the video Drake...

Congrats on a fine West Texas 8 Point!!!

Comment

Sorry it's taken so long to post the story, but the Ranch has me tied down here lately
                                Well Tuesday of last week had me looking at a Weather cast saying we were about to get our first Northern for the year, bringing the Weather Temps from 90, to 60 overnight, and I could only think of one thing at this point, that Thursday would have to be the day, to make a run and Hunt a Double Tripod setup, that me, and Rob had Setup in August, and the Trail Camera Pic's I had got there, were very promising, to say the least. My partner in Crime Rob, could not make it out the Ranch due to work Obligations, so I found myself in a double Tripod setup, filming by myself, felt like old times , this stand setup is situated in the bottom of a Canyon, were a ton of trails make a giant intersection, it get's so congested with Deer some times, it looks like I-35 at 5 p.m. on a weekday, only with a ton of young bucks, and does, with the occasional Coon thrown in. I get into the stand about 4:00 p.m. with a strong Northwest Breeze in my face, that felt pretty good, seeing that it had been an oven the day before. So I settle into the blind getting the GL2 setup for gametime, when all of the sudden I catch movement, and It's a young 6 point, nosing a young coon out of his area, so a few Hours pass by, and like I said, I had deer all around me, including under the tripod, eating acorns, the time was about 6, when all of the sudden the Coon makes his way towards my shooting lane, and since I always carry a arrow for such moments, I prepared for the shot, with the Camera Rolling, I clip on the release, when all of the sudden from my left, all I see are Horns, and a Giant Body Come from one of the Intersecting trails. I was in such disbelief, I froze for a moment, with the Buck walking into my shooting lane, I had so many Deer looking my way at the Time, I felt naked being in a tripod, so I just filmed, and let him bring his game to me, so he turned and nosed all of the Does out of the area, and dissapeared for about 2 minutes, and left a sinking feeling, of missed opportunity in my Gut, telling myself "Quit focusing on the Camera, and start focusing on the Hoyt in your hand......Dummy!" When all of the sudden he reappears to my left again, I knew it was now or never, I pulled the deer in the View finder tight, and clipped on the release again, and waited for him to offer his right shoulder, which seemed to take forever, when all of the sudden he turns perfect, I pick a spot, press the Release.....THWACKKKKK!!! The Deer was down, in short order, and as I zoomed in with the Camera, I was in total disbelief at what had happened, 10 minutes before I was so bored, I was going to shoot a Coon on Video, and end up with a 20 inch Hoss! When I say Hoss, I mean 186lbs of Deer! To you South Texas Guys, 186 might seem like a drought stricken deer, but to a Boy from Southwest Texas, I had just one the Weight Class Steer at the Local Sale Pen! He was a Brute body wise, and to watch it on Video, does not do him Justice to what he looked like in Real Time! The deer has a Great set of Headgear to boot, lots of Character, with Kicker points. I usually don't start producing Quality Bucks until late November, but this year I think October worked out for me, Thanks again for all of the Comments, I'm proud of him!Click image for larger version

Name:	Elbow Lake 8 October 19, 2006 011 (Small).jpg
Size:	61.0 KB
ID:	23815503

Name:	Elbow Lake 8 October 19, 2006 009 (Small).jpg
Size:	58.2 KB
ID:	23815504

Name:	Elbow Lake 8 October 19, 2006 012 (Small).jpg