My first P&Y!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My first P&Y!

I hunt in NW Coryell county on 400 acres with the landowner. This all starts back in late March when this guy and a really nice eight starts showing up at the protein every night! I watched both of them grow!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	PRMS0424.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	110.1 KB
ID:	25042214
    Like I said they were on the protein everyday! I had hundreds of pics. all summer long.

Name:	PRMS0702.JPG
Size:	242.0 KB
ID:	25042215

Name:	PRMS0942.JPG
Size:	104.0 KB
ID:	25042216
    My landowner's rules are no hunting until general season. Well guess what, that's about the time I quit getting pictures of them. I did get one picture of the ten way in the background at one of the corn feeders in early November but then he disappeared again. I hunted quite a bit in late November and early December only to see cows(the rancher that leases grazing rights added more cows twice during season) and hear lots of shots around my lease. Needles to say I didn't think I would see the ten anymore. Then, December 18th he showed up on camera at a corn feeder and at the protein feeder! He was at the corn feeder three mornings at the same time, I thought I had him! I was sitting in the blind on the forth morning, the does showed up but not the ten, and he didn't the next two mornings. Wife and I headed home to do family Christmas for two days. I got back to the lease on the 25th around noon and went straight to the feeder to pull the camera card, when I was going in I spooked a big body deer off from the feeder. I think it was him! Checked the camera and lookie lookie! He was back early mornings and around noon, it was him that I spooked!

Name:	PICT0064.JPG
Size:	173.4 KB
ID:	25042217
    So, I am now committed to hunt this feeder from daylight through 1:30 and I was in there an hour before daylight the next morning. The stand is a two man 20' ladder stand with two shooting lanes and I had not sat in it yet this year so as soon as I could see I was ranging distances. I slowly ranged one area, then checked around and ranged the other. When I took the range finder away from my eye there was a small deer coming into the feeder, and then He steps out from the cedars even closer than the little deer! It was barely light enough to see my pins! I get to full draw and he walks out of my shooting lane, I let down. Feeder goes off in five minutes. He walks around picking up what few kernels of corn that were left from the night before but never gives me a good shot. Then it happened......the feeder goes off and I watch him and the little deer run off! But not too far, I can still see them through the brush and they are coming back! Just before he steps into a shooting lane I draw. Look close you can see me at full draw up in the oak tree.

Name:	PICT0055.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	115.2 KB
ID:	25042218
    He walked right through the lane and stopped in the one place I can't shoot, So, I let down and wait for him to move. He finally steps out to a spot I can shoot, I draw, aim, release! He is busting out at top speed leaving a bloody arrow under the feeder! It was a good pass through both shoulders, but not a drop of blood to trail! Luckily he only ran 50 yards and I was able to find him!

Name:	IMG_0371.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	125.7 KB
ID:	25042219
    My very best. Low fence. Rough score 130 1/8 P&Y

Congrats to you for sticking with it!!

Comment

Congrats!!!!

Comment

Nice

Comment

Congrats on a very nice buck!

Comment

Congrats nice buck

Comment

Great job and buck!

Comment

Good job!!

Comment

Congrats

Comment

That is cool, good job

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Great buck, congrats.

Rwc

Comment

Good Job buddy!! You have put in some hard work out there and deserve it!

Comment

Nice buck! Congrats

Comment

Congrats nice buck

Comment

Working...
                              X