Good 8 down in Mason

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good 8 down in Mason

Had a great weekend with my good buddy Matt. We camped out under the stars on a small property just east of mason. We got there yesterday and began to stalk hunt. We had good action seeing several does and one buck.

After the hunt we built a camp fire and cooked us some tenderloin from a deer I killed on opening day of bow season over the open fire on a cast iron skillet... Delicious! I had an eventful night to say the least. The trusty judge didn't leave my side. I took out a pesky ringtail with the judge, watched him fall and expos, not thirty minutes later he was gone something sneaky came through and disposed of him.

This morning we took up the stalk again. We had an several deer and one buck in particular had peeked my buddy's interest. Note: this is my buddies first deer hunt ever and any buck was a trophy to him. We had just seen the buck move through the brush and were on the move to try and get in position when Matt spotted a doe in front of us about a hundred yards. I looked where he was pointing and noticed a much better set of horns than the one we were after. We had to move just to our left and spotted the buck and doe. The buck took off at a good trot and I knew of I didn't stop him we may lose him. I let out a couple mehhh noises and he stopped. Matt put a great shot right in the neck with the trusty .222. He dropped right there. Heck of a first deer and first deer experience. We are both still smiling.

Congrats!

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Sweet

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Congrats...

Comment

Great story! Congrats to you and yourbuddy! Good friendship right there!

Comment

Congrats yall!!

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Very nice deer, congratulations to him. Don't take him to a vision taxidermy

Comment

Congrats !!!!Nice one

Comment

not sure where he will take him but probably be somewhere in Abilene

Comment

Congrats.

Comment

Nice!!

Comment

Working...
                              X