Menard County Rut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Menard County Rut

While some folks have claimed to see rutting activity in Menard County, I had not seen any until yesterday afternoon. It was 29 here this morning and high of 44 today. I think it is supposed to be 25 in the morning.
    Cool weather and bright moon will set them off and we have both.
    Adios,
    Gary

Im hoping to be off this weekend to go. My wife hunted last weekend and said it wasnt anything special but young bucks pushing young does. But she did see a few bigger deer starting to skirt some of the feeders getting curious. Im hopin week of thanksgiving will be wide open.

Comment

last weekend in Schleicherf, it was very sporadic. a couple of deer were interested. the vast majority weren't. according to TPWD, peak rut should be first week of December. i believe we will see some serious movement during Thanksgiving.

Comment

Just came back from three days of hunting and saw one mature buck that looked to be all rutted up, but just the one. On Friday evening I watched two bucks chasing a doe at the speed of lightning, so I feel like it is beginning. Also saw two yearlings hanging out by themselves, so their mothers must have pushed them off. Going back next weekend hoping for some good weather and some more north winds. I have never seen the wind out of the east so much.

Comment

Working...
        X