Multi 10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multi 10

Last week I was lucky enough to get permission to hunt a buck called Multi 10 on a family friends ranch in McMullen Co. His name came from last year when he had 10 points on each side! This year was not as good to him and he didn't have as many points but he was still an amazing buck and at 7 1/2 it was time to harvest him.

The land owner had been watching this deer for years and had him patterned very well. He was a regular at one feeder and with no bow blind set up and no option for a tripod we grabbed a pop up and set it up in the very little brush available. I spent most of the day brushing it in good.

Now it was time to watch from a distance to see how he and the other deer would react to the new blind. The first afternoon deer were a little uneasy and didn't stick around long.. The next morning I could have killed him if I had sat in the blind but I wanted them comfortable. After that it was business as usual at the feeder but the wind had shifted back to the South. I had to have a North or North West wind or I would be busted for sure!

I could have gone to another stand and hunted other cull bucks or doe but I could not leave!!! For the next 2 days I just sat and watched him waiting for the wind to be right. A cold front was on the way but not for 3 more days so the wife and I packed up and headed to our lease in the hill country. With no kills there we headed back the evening before the front hit and got ready.

I woke up early and checked the wind, NNW perfect!!! Got in the blind 2 hours before the feeder goes off and sat like a statue in complete silence. Before the feeder went off I saw a buck coming in and got all worked up but it was a different buck called Stickers, he was acting a little off and never got in the pen and that got me worried... The feeder goes off and a minute or so passes before I here a deer jump in the pen to my left.. From the left means they came in from downwind!!! I don't know how they didn't bust me but there he was right in front of me at 17 yards...... Several other deer were standing behind him so I had to wait for what seemed like an hour but was more like 2 minutes for a clear shot. They finally clear and I settled the pin on his vitals and let it fly. My aim was true and the Slick Trick did its job very well, he made it 15 yards from the shot and went down!!

This is my best buck and getting him with my bow put the icing on the cake!

I included a picture of his shed from last year that gave him his name.
    Sorry for the long read
    Attached Files

That is one awesome buck..

BTW, that last picture cracks me up. It makes you look similar to this guy in a movie I used to watch....
    Attached Files
    Last edited by HoustonHunter; 11-12-2014, 09:32 AM.

Comment

Dude, those are some awesome Bucks. Congrats

Comment

Last pic..photo of the year ha ha love it

Comment

Great buck. Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by Kingslayer View Post
            Last pic..photo of the year ha ha love it
            Agree. Awesome buck!

Comment

Very nice buck!

Comment

Congrats. nice deer

Comment

Awesome congrats

Comment

Hahaha this is awesome. Great buck, great story and great smile!

Comment

Awesome buck....Congrats!!!

Comment

Originally posted by graesz View Post
                        Hahaha this is awesome. Great buck, great story and great smile!
                        X2

Comment

Awesome. Congrats. Great deer & glad you were able to get on him this year. McMullen Co is a really fun place between now and New Years!

Comment

Wow, nice buck.

Comment

Great deer and a awesome beard.

Comment

Working...
                              X