193" oklahoma giant "Flip Flop"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I finally got it done! Two years ago I flagged this buck a cull. He had one real nice side and the other was a spike. A buddy recommended walking him in case it was due to injury. The following year (2013) he was much better. The strange thing was his good side was identical to the year before it was just on the opposite side. That is where he got his name. The same friend aged him at 4 1/2 and suggested give him one more year. "He could blow up", he said. He was right. I've been watching this deer on game came since early velvet. I have one picture since season started that was during shooting light. Tonight the action was hot and he came right into the feed pin at 5:28 after a doe. I will admit I got super nervous. He seemed spooked, I panicked and shot him head on in the chest. That is not a normal shot I would take but I was not losing this buck. We recovered him within 50 yards. I hit both lungs and the main artery above the heart. Another success story of waiting for a deer to peak. If there is any question this deer is very much free range.

[ATTACH]669649[/ATTACH]

Comment

Awesome.

Dang. What a buck.

Comment

[ATTACH]669650[/ATTACH][ATTACH]669651[/ATTACH]

Comment

Awesome. Now On with the Pictures

Comment

[ATTACH]669652[/ATTACH][ATTACH]669653[/ATTACH][ATTACH]669654[/ATTACH]

Comment

Weighed 210# on the hoof

Comment

Congrats on a monster! I have a deer that swapped sides on his rack, also. Of course it's a much smaller rack!

Comment

Wow! Beautiful!

Comment

Monster!

Comment

Awesome buck. Congrats.

Comment

Wow!!!!!!!!!! Congrats!!! Beast for sure. I saw my dad shoot a buck straight on when I was s kid. The deer made it 30 yards. Not a terrible shot if your close and on their level.

Great job and dream buck!!!!

Comment

What a buck! Congrats on the great reward for your patient wait! Is that about 14 points?

Comment

What a buck! Congrats!

Comment

Nice buck

Comment

Working...
                              X