Aoudad Ewe & Slickhead Down...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aoudad Ewe & Slickhead Down...

I was hunting out west of Uvalde this past weekend. On Thursday evening, I watched several marginal bucks all evening but no shooters for me. I had thrown some hand corn about 25yds out away from my stand. I caught movement and looked to see three aoudad coming in. The ram wasn't as big as the one that I already have so I decided to assist the ranch owner in controlling the herd . This ewe stopped at the corn, turned and ended up with a muzzy-tipped ACC through her lungs. It was a short recovery of only 35 yds .

I hunted the rest of the weekend looking for a good, trophy buck but never saw one. This ranch is big and low fenced so there are no guarantees. I decided to take a doe Sat evening so this big girl came in alone and finally gave me a 20 yard quartering away shot. Man, the arrow from Heli-M blew through her so quick...I thought I had missed her...only to find my arrow stuck through a cactus bush about 15 yards behind where I shot her. I watched her jump up, spewing blood and run off a short distance before falling over. Although the "trophies" have been alluding me, It's been a fun season so far and I'm filling the freezer too.

Good Hunting to you all!

K-Man

p.s.

(Sorry for the bloody pics
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Kamoman; 11-10-2014, 01:51 PM.

That's a trophy ewe, man. I'd consider a shoulder mount on her, actually. Definitely skull mount. Congrats!

WT doe is a big ol' gal too.

Comment

Thanks Shane...Well I guess I should show ya a pic of the Ram that I let walk (LOL). Although I've got one just about the size of him...I was kinda second guessing my decision as i drove home Sunday . Here he is...as well as a decent younger buck that I had to let walk too .

Tim
      Attached Files

Comment

Yeah, rams are bigger. But for a ewe, that one is has big horns (21-22", I'm guessing) and pretty good chaps.

As for passing that ram..... I'm 2nd guessing you right now. That's a good one. Looks 32" or so to me with great mass.
        Last edited by Shane; 11-10-2014, 01:26 PM.

Comment

Awesome!!

Comment

Congrats on both!

It definitely would be tough to hold off shooting that ram!!

Comment

Yeah Shane...we estimated him at around 31" but he was heavy. Man, I'm saving my wall space at home for something like what you have in your avatar pic!

Comment

Nice animals. Don't know if I could have let that stud walk

Comment

Nice work on both

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Good shot bro and congrats! Almost looks like you're laying in cactus! Lol..

Comment

LOL! Yeah..I didnt realize that until I started feeling the sting of those suckers! The things we do to "capture the memories of the hunt, huh"?

Comment

Congrats...

Comment

Congrats...

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Working...
                              X