Lou is down for the count!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lou is down for the count!

Well yesterday was probably the best day I have ever had in the deer woods. Yesterday morning I was able to knock down another doe and get it all on video. There is another thread TITLED "Did it again!". Well yesterday around 11am I went to the slough to hand a stand for a NNE wind all I have is a set for a SSE wind. I got the set hung and intended on hunting it that evening. There are a couple really mature bucks. One is a mega giant (don't have a name for) and the other is Lou "Louisville Slugger". Lou is a mainframe 6 with some extras and small bases and gets super thick in the middle of his beams. I got set up around 3:45pm and before I could get my camera on the arm I had a small 8 come in and make a scrape near a Tinks bomb. Any way he moved out and I finished getting set up. I was able to call in about 4 other small bucks, then I heard something coming off the ridge behind me. I glanced over my shoulder and seen it was Lou. He was headed right too me. I get the cameras rolling and he gets with in 5 yards from my tree, and he noticed that there was a ladder stick on a tree that hasn't been there. He never looked up but he did skirt around me and was headed to a food plot. But by the grace of the good Lord above he took a trail that would drag him past my shooting lane at 42 yards. I got the camera ahead of him and drew back on him, got him stopped in frame and turned my arrow loose this buck. But once the arrow hit and he wheeled to get the heck out of there my stomach knotted up. I seen 34" inches of arrow hanging out of him (not really my arrows are only 29.75" long). I just thought I messed up a buck of a lifetime. I stayed in the tree till dark and eased over to the arrow and I had about 9" of penetration. Blood stared spilling as soon as the arrow left his body and I immediately felt better about the shot. I picked up 2 other guys from there stand and headed back to the camp house. I got my cameras set up for a night time recovery and headed back out. We got on the blood trail and was able to make a quick recovery due to a 2" Shwacker being put right in the carburetor. I hit his off side shoulder and he traveled about 75 yards and died within 50 yards from the tree. This is my far the biggest most mature buck I have ever shot, and the farthest shot I have ever made on one too, I straight up went Levi Morgan on this buck I can honestly say I probably could make that shot again, but I didnt think about this shot either I knew that I was going to kill him if he stops. He topped out our little scale of 160# and I gross scored him at 125" and some change.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Csmith52779; 11-08-2014, 11:30 AM.

Awesome story an great buck. Nice shot to.

Comment

Thanks for sharing, nice deer too!

Comment

Love your story. Great buck and congrats.

Comment

That's awesome brother Kevin sent me a pic of him last nite.

Comment

That's is one cool buck. Character everywhere. Way to get it done!

Comment

Buck has lots of character

Comment

Awesome buck congrats

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Thanks Randy. He is a toad the pics honestly don't do him justice.

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Nicely done sir!

Comment

Congrats.

Comment

Nice buck

Comment

Congratulations.

Comment

Working...