california boy gets it done!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

california boy gets it done!!!

Well i can only imagine some of yall read that title and and were a little puzzled lol! But yes im a bowhunter that moved out here two years ago from california. I shot these deer in october, i dont hunt with rifles!! But im finally able to make a post cause im new to the green screen. But i hunt up here in wise county on a friends 15 acre property! I put in a ton of scoutting this year and it paid out for me! I set a tree stand up on a couple trails that these deer travel between propertys! Well being new to hunting whitetails and sitting in a tree stand i had to learn the do and donts lol! I,learned quickly after being busted a couple of times! But the first deer i,killed is a little sppike i mean little i thought it was a big doe until i walked up on him! I was walking out of the stand to go to work and i spot 3 deer in the pasture out front! So being a mule deer and elk hunt i made quick stock idea, wind was perfect off i go! I figured out where these deer are gunna saw a tree i wanted to get to. I knew i wasnt gunna be able to see the deer so, off i go! I was moving belly crawling the last 100 yards get to my tree and i look up and boom they they are! I range the deer i shot 79 yards, drew back s"he" was quarting away set the 80 yard pin on my spot hogg and my bowtech insanity cpxl let out death my gold tip pro hunter arrow, topped with a wacem triton broadhead i squeeze and instintly can tell aweesome arrow i hear loud THWACK now i pull up binos and see the blood pumping good arrow! He runs 50 yards jumps the neighbors fence,goes 20 yards and beds on the edge of the neighbors pond! Now i already talked to all the nieghbors on all sides and told them i waz hunting here and asked if i shot one and they made it on there property if i may have permission to retrieve my animal, yes i have all there pernission! So i hurry up and sneak back up,on this buck get to 50 yards i can see his head going up and down and i say screw it ill end it i put another one in him at 50 yards perfect heart shot he expired where he layed!!! I had a rush,of emotions being it my first whitetail and i did it spot and stock which is my favorite!!! I know some people say 80 yards that un ethical shooting, i,say this to you what you may consider unethical to you dosnt means its unethical to me! I have faith in my shooting ability and my gear to know i can get the job done!
    Now three days later, i was sitting back in the tree stand and here come two does coming right at me! So i stand up when they are feeding about 100 yards away, they walk right up to me i wait for them to both put there head down to feed, i draw back put the 20 yardpin on her let the bowtech bark, and my goldtip arrow and wacem trition broahead go eat! Perfect arrow! She ran 40 yards and just piled up like a ton of bricks!!!! Emotions are really flowing two deer in 3 days im beyond stoked i know have killed my second whitetail and first deer out of a tree stand!! So before i give to much apprecation to things id first like to thank the most important heavenly father for giving me the ability to kill and provide for my family, and for the beast he has allowed me to harvest! Every animal is a true blessing!!!! And thankyou all for letting me join you and tell my story hope this cali boy can fit in and join the green screen! Sorry for the long read fellas! Now i gotta get some time off work i wanna go chase some desert mule deer!!!!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Calihunter1; 11-01-2014, 08:41 PM.

Trying to get pics uploaded fellas!!!! It wiil only upload that one cant get the other one to upload
    Last edited by Calihunter1; 11-01-2014, 08:42 PM.

Comment

Great job! Welcome to the club!

Comment

It looks like Texas is to your liking!

Nice job, and first welcome to Texas, and second welcome to the greenscreen.

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Awesome

Comment

Congrats.

Comment

Welcome to bow hunting Texas. Do yourself a favor and watch some video of how far a deer can move before the arrow reaches it. Long shots make for high odds of wounding The critters God gave us

Comment

Congrats and welcome!

Comment

Congrats !!! Nice One

Comment

Welcome & Congrats!

Comment

Congrats...

Comment

Congrats, and welcome to Texas!

Comment

Congrats.

Comment

That writeup sure was refreshing since it came from a Caliboy. There may be hope after all. Thank you for the story and congrats on a big ol slickhead.

Comment

Working...
                              X