Leon county rut activity?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leon county rut activity?

Finally getting to the lease to hunt this weekend. Any rut activity yet? Is it to early to put out some hot doe scent?

Hunted last weekend outside of Centerville and they were not in the rut yet. They were moving however saw lots of deer and killed a little trashy 7 point.

Comment

That's good news!!! I have seen them really get going at the end of bow season and hoping it might be starting. Any more reports?

Comment

I hunt east in Lovelady. Only thing that showed sign of rut activity was a young buck chasing a doe.

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter View Post
          I hunt east in Lovelady. Only thing that showed sign of rut activity was a young buck chasing a doe.
          This would be a really good sign...

Comment

Opening weekend was a bust for me so, like you, I hope this weekend is more productive / active. Good luck to you.

Comment

Originally posted by 3DW5 View Post
              This would be a really good sign...
              Not sure if that's sarcasm or what..

A young immature buck chasing a doe doesn't mean much to me to be honest. Maybe opinions vary?

Comment

I've heard a few folks talk of small bucks chasing. I've seen a few dead deer on the road. Me personally I've seen no rutting activity to date.

Comment

Thanks Randy.....sounds like I might need to leave the doe scent in the bag this weekend. Last year during youth weekend we had going crazy over it, guess it will be a few more weeks.

Comment

I saw a ton of does Saturday evening. They were hitting the acorns hard. Saw some small bucks trying to chase. Probably going to be a couple more weeks until the big boys come out. Pigs were out hitting acorns too. Tagged a 125lb sow early Saturday morning directly under my ladder stand.

Comment

None as of yet but usually starts end of October First two weeks of November are prime

Comment

Past two mornings have been on fire. Bucks are chasing. Just blew this feller off a doe he was standing over.
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413462879.672077.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	32.6 KB
ID:	24337988

Comment

Originally posted by leon.cty.legend View Post
                          None as of yet but usually starts end of October First two weeks of November are prime
                          I bought land and hunted Leon co for past thirty years and the last weekend in oct is usually prime hunting time.
                          I like a nice cool wet day when they can trail does

BP

Comment

TTT...any new activity to report? My brother and I watched a nice buck chasing does yesterday in Huffman (just two (2) hours south of Leon). I'm trying to get back in the woods on Friday afternoon and was wondering about current conditions. Weather is shaping up to be nice.

Comment

Yessir I watched several good sized bucks chase this morning. Had a good friend of mine call and tell me I should be in the stand this morning. He saw a bunch of bucks chasing out our way once daylight broke. Its been really hot and heavy for the past 5-6 days or so. Mornings are really good for seeing deer. They are hitting the feed in the afternoons late.

Comment

Working...
                              X