Any Menard County reports?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any Menard County reports?

Did a search and found don't see any Menard County reports. Anyone had any luck? Ive hit em pretty hard, opening weekend was very slow , but this past weekend seemed to be much improved movement wise. Lots of acorns already hitting the ground. Finally had one of my better deer ive been seeing on camera show himself sunday night.

No one huntin Menard this year?

Comment

Looks like you got it all to yourself.

Comment

I hunt Mason and had a really slow opening weekend. I hunted this Sunday thru today, and I saw a lot more movement .

Comment

I hunted opening weekend and movement was spotty but wasnt bad. We are south of town 2291 bout 11 miles.

Comment

Headed that way this weekend. First trip of the year. All I have heard is that acorns are falling.

Comment

We hunted between Menard and Eden last week and it was as green as springtime with lotsa acorns under the trees.

Feeder action was slow with only smaller does and junk bucks showing up for the free meal.

Comment

Wish I could help but haven't been. We are between Brady and Menard. My contacts in the area say that it is pretty dang slow still. Really green and a bumper crop of acorns. Gonna be some fat ones though. Should be one heck of a fawn crop and higher than normal survival rate.

Comment

I hunted opening weekend and it was pretty slow in general. I did not hunt feeders, but several of my crew did. We did have one guy see a mature buck on the first Saturday evening but did not get close enough for a shot. I can confirm that the acorns are plentiful. Personally, I have not caught as many large bucks on camera as I normally do by this time of year, but I am hoping that is due to the timely rain we have had late in the summer. We shall see soon

Comment

I miss hunting in Menard county. Had a lease on cleo rd just north of the big tower.
                    Lost it in 09

Comment

heading back Friday morning, keep em coming

Comment

Saw does and young bucks this last weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by DT50 View Post
                          heading back Friday morning, keep em coming
                          Let us know how you do. I will be going the weekend of the 25th.

Comment

Originally posted by R Herline Jr View Post
                            I miss hunting in Menard county. Had a lease on cleo rd just north of the big tower.
                            Lost it in 09
                            The wright ranch?

Comment

We are 3 miles north of the big tower! Im headed out friday night . Dad was there last weekend and it was super slow

Comment

Working...
                              X