No announcement yet.

Just shot a good one!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First off, This guy has done EVERYTHING right so far. Crap happens but this deer should die. One lung hits aren't always fatal tough. I owned a processing plant for years and dressed several deer that had old lung shots. I did a recovery on here last year with Jooger where I center punched a quartering away deer. We got him fresh dead 30 hours later and over a mile from where I shot him. One lung nicked and one center punched.

I pray you find him!

Comment

Don't give up!!

Comment

I would go check the nearest water source that has cover around it.

Comment

Is there any known water in the area? Might check around it if so, or between it and his last known position. He will be needing a drink quickly. Best of luck to you. I've been in your shoes and I can still feel that knot in my gut.

Comment

Man, this just goes to show you can do everything right and still end up not getting your deer. I feel for you man, hope you find him.

Comment

Hey jake off subject but what video camera are you using that is awesome video for 200 yds. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by jake-1024 View Post
                Getting a dog is out of the question. These are very small lots out here. Basically hunting a subdivision. I have permission for all the places around me to track on, but don't think a dog could keep him here and definitely don't want to be trespassing running deer with a dog. My wife and I have dissected the area where I last saw him and could come up with nothing. Not a speck of blood that we could see anywhere. I am down I. The dumps right now over the whole thing. Hind sight is 20-20 I guess. Should have aimed farther back. The second video he is about 200 yards out from where I was. No way to get a shot at him.
                Dog on leash would be a great option.

Comment

sorry sir. My only guess is the broad head didnt expand? the shot looked good. hope a dog gets close.

Comment

Originally posted by dharris View Post
                    I would go check the nearest water source that has cover around it.
                    This. Don't give up! I still think you will find him, and I would bet a lot that you find him around water.

Comment

I would look towards any water...He's going to have fever and he will go to water

Comment

Originally posted by 10mmWendell View Post
                        Man, this just goes to show you can do everything right and still end up not getting your deer. I feel for you man, hope you find him.
                        My thoughts exactly.

Comment

Comment

water water water... he's there or close by... approach down wind and it's windy so that's good for stalking!

Comment

Found It!!

My grandma found it in her rose bushes!!
                              Attached Files

Comment

There's a tank about 300 yards away from where he laid down. Last time I saw him, he was headed the opposite direction. The video camera is a toshiba camileo x400. Nice for a little cheapish camera to film hunts with.

Comment

Working...
                                X