Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Just shot a good one!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No it isnt..

Originally posted by WCB View Post
    It's possible for a deer to live after a one lung shot. We'll see...

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
      Diarrhea is a million times better than most hunting shows on TV.
      Sorry for your loss?

Comment

Hurry up already and find this deer! I need to get busy packing up and heading out to go shoot my own!

Comment

Originally posted by Rack Ranch View Post
          No it isnt..
          whatever

Comment

Nice congrats

Comment

Sec. 61.060. DEFENSE TO PROSECUTION: HUMANE DISPATCH OF CERTAIN GAME ANIMALS AND BIRDS. (a) In this section:
              (1) "Dispatch" means to kill by any humane method.
              (2) "Game animal" has the meaning assigned by Section 63.001.
              (3) "Game bird" has the meaning assigned by Section 64.001.
              (b) It is a defense to prosecution for a violation of this chapter or of a regulation adopted or proclamation issued under the authority of this chapter by the commission that the actor dispatched a game animal or game bird that:
              (1) was mortally wounded, not through the actor's conduct; or
              (2) behaved in a manner that:
              (A) is inconsistent with the manner in which a game animal or game bird that is not diseased typically behaves; and
              (B) leads a reasonable person to believe that the game animal or game bird poses a substantial risk of serious harm to itself, a person, or other wildlife.
              (c) The commission may adopt rules, including rules concerning the disposition of a game animal or a game bird that has been dispatched under this section, to implement this section.

So you have to get a buddy to shoot it for you?

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                I tell ya some of these hunting threads are a million times better than any hunting show on TV.
                Agree!

Comment

Originally posted by WCB View Post
                  It's possible for a deer to live after a one lung shot. We'll see...
                  I worried that this deer will die....in several days

Comment

(1) was mortally wounded, not through the actor's conduct; or
                    (2) behaved in a manner that:
                    (A) is inconsistent with the manner in which a game animal or game bird that is not diseased typically behaves; and
                    (B) leads a reasonable person to believe that the game animal or game bird poses a substantial risk of serious harm to itself, a person, or other wildlife.
                    (c) The commission may adopt rules, including rules concerning the disposition of a game animal or a game bird that has been dispatched under this section, to implement this section.

There is an or section in there. If you have to dispatch the animal yourself, you should call your local game warden.
                    But definitely, if you are tracking your buddy's deer, you can dispatch it yourself. Same goes for the handlers of tracking dogs.
                    Last edited by Sika; 10-03-2014, 11:37 AM.

Comment

In this is starting to look a lot like a epic thread couple years ago

Comment

A one lung hit causes a sucking chest wound. Eventually the chest cavity will fill with air causing pressure on the lungs and making it difficult to breath. More than likely that's why he keeps laying down. The deer could possibly live for couple days and if infection doesn't kill him he could possibly make it. I have had several hog dogs get hit in one lung, and all of them are still alive.

Comment

Good luck! Get a dog!

Comment

I haven't been in this situation YET but I would probably just have to bring my rifle with me instead of watching this deer suffer and possibly not be found! Just my opinion though...

Comment

Originally posted by lexingtontexas View Post
                              I haven't been in this situation YET but I would probably just have to bring my rifle with me instead of watching this deer suffer and possibly not be found! Just my opinion though...
                              Uh ohhhhh

Comment

Originally posted by jbarr View Post
                                Uh ohhhhh
                                I understand that it's "illegal" but don't believe I could do it.......

Comment

Working...
                                X